2 Dreamboxes 1 Dish

rutters

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I have 2 dreamboxes (an 800 and a 500) and 1 motorised dish. Can I split the feed from the dish to 2 dreamboxes?

If I can where's the best place to split?

thanks

You can either loop through the first box to power the 2nd but I think one box needs to be in standby at all times i.e one working and controling the dish and one on standby. The other way is to buy an lnb with multiple outputs and run one to motor and box and the other to the other box but this box will not have any control over the dish.

Thanks for replying

Can I just use a splitter behind the lnb?

Not really, because you need to pass both 13 and 18v DC to power the LNB depending on which polarity you are on so a splitter would need to pass DC, but the biggest problem would be if you want to watch a channel on vertical polarisation on one box and a vertical on the other, with a splitter it just wont work.

You can pick up a decent twin LNB for about £20, something like an inverto would be a good buy.

Frenchman

Thanks for replying

Can I just use a splitter behind the lnb?

no - you cant use a splitter!! You need a dual output lnb to feed 2 boxes - its really like having 2 seperate lnb's on your dish in one casing. Each reciver needs its own feed from a seperate lnb unless you loop from the first box to the second but as mentioned, the one you are not using would need to be in standby. If you intend to have both boxes up and running at the same time you must have a seperate feed for each!!

Thanks Fellas..so if I got a dual output lnb could I have both boxes on at the same time AND watch different channels (as long as they were both on the same satellite?)

I presume looping thru involves some physical connection between receivers?

cheers

Thanks Fellas..so if I got a dual output lnb could I have both boxes on at the same time AND watch different channels (as long as they were both on the same satellite?)

I presume looping thru involves some physical connection between receivers?

cheers

Yes if they are getting a separate feed each,but only one can move the dish :)

Hi Guys

I use a inverto twin lnb, with a dm8000 and a Spiderbox. The dm is connected
to the motor and the spider is connected directly to the lnb and this system
works o\k for me. Now and again i swap them about and still works o\k.

Fezzy

Thanks again guys. Any recommendations for Twin Lnbs? Ebay OK?

Back