2.81..... is there a downgrader for this firmware..?...

TheDogsNutts

Member +
Reaction score
2.81..... is there a downgrader for this firmware..?...

hi got a psp off a m8 at work and wants it to play games from the memory stick, is this possible..?....

got the unpatched copy of gta, (you mean the original umd..?..)

do i use the official sony one...?... firmware.....

upgrade to the official sony 3.03 then downgrade using the 3.03 downgrader with your unpatched version of liberty city with the 2.0 update on the original umd

check here
h**p://www.noobz.eu/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=1

Last edited:
hi mate, i did a 2.81 a couple of nights ago, everything you need is here hxxp://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=32989 upgrade to 3.03 then downgrade to 1.50 and then put on your 3.10 oe. hope this helps.

once i have downloaded the official sony firmware, 3.03
were do i put it on the memory stick..?...

As long as you deffo have the unpatched GTA it MUST HAVE 2.0 Firmware on it. Check this first before doing anything else.

Create a new folder in the PSP/GAME folder called UPDATE. Note the capitals. This should then get you upgraded to the official firmware.

As long as you deffo have the unpatched GTA it MUST HAVE 2.0 Firmware on it. Check this first before doing anything else.

Create a new folder in the PSP/GAME folder called UPDATE. Note the capitals. This should then get you upgraded to the official firmware.

have done that m8, ow do i get the update to run..?....

Just browse to the game folder using the PSP then you should see it in there just press X to run. But as before have you deffo got the unpatched GTA LCS disk without his you will be going nowhere.

press down once on the keypad is it ok now? if not are you sure you created a new folder in CAPITALS called "UPDATE" then the real 3.03 firmware needs to go into this folder. The real firmware can be got form the donload section. It is a rar file so will need de-compressing using winrar you should the get a file called EBOOT.PBP this needs to go into this folder. Also you need a realiable memory stick my preference is a good quality 1GB. EDIT

Just checked and the down arrow will not do anything so either you have the wrong file or you have it in the wrong place. Just doing another PSP as I write this so have it in front of me to confirm, it is also a 2.81

Last edited:
1:download the 3.03 sony update
2. Plug in your PSP to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Select USB Connection from the 'settings' menu in the XMB
4. Open the Drive letter your computer assigns to your PSP (e.g E:\)
5. Open the "PSP" folder, then open the "GAME" folder.
6. Make a folder called "UPDATE" and make sure it is in caps.
7. Copy the firmware update into your "UPDATE" folder on your PSP.
8. Make sure the firmware update file is called "EBOOT.PBP"
9. Close the USB Connection and disconnect your PSP from your computer.
10. Make sure you have a full battery or plug in your PSP into the AC Adaptor.
11. Go to the memory stick under "Game" on your PSP and you should see the PSP firmware update.
12. Highlight the firmware update and press 'start' to start the update.
13. Now follow the on-screen instructions.
14. Once the update has finished, restart your PSP.
15. Now go to Settings > System Settings > System Information and check that the System Software has been updated.

right got it to 3.03, followed instructions in the but i carnt find the

- Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to
UPDATE.PBP and copy it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . DO NOT
OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!

in the file i got out of downloads, does anyone know were it is..?....

1.50 Update
h**p://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163

if its the 303 HEN Noobz Downgrader Guide in the downloads what u have got check out the part that says Requirements near the top of the readme file in the zip

Last edited:
install the downgrader with HEND then run gta that should start hend look in ur firmware to check it then run the downgrader

the 1.5 is available from the download section under consoles original firmware

Back