madnlooney

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
If you got an unbranded Desire this weekend HTC are rolling out 2.2
in a couple of weeks to a month the networks should roll out there version too

yeah if you go to settings>>about phone >> system software updates

It is starting to rollout today and over the weekend

happy days, i hope it solves my dropping calls sometimes, and losing people on the phone, or my problem could be a programe i have installed with linda file manager, i was gonnd try and do a factory reset to see if it will solve my problems, but dont know how to, and now this update is out soon, so i might wait for this

Factory data reset is Menu>Settings>Privacy if you need to in the future.

Looking forward to this update 720p video recording will be good & also htc sync allowing the desire to sync with itunes (if you use it).

Updates are now active guys, just did mine (90mb download). Get pressing those update buttons :)

But if you use the official OTA update you have lost root!

Just flashed the new radio ...20 via recovery and all is well...

Just waiting for the rooted 2.2 image to be uploaded and I'll be flashing that too :)

Been playing with it the last few hours. Was hoping flash videos were going to be smooth but playback is comparable to my n900 although it is better on the desire.

I have just noticed that gifs are now animated so I'm happy about that :)

But if you use the official OTA update you have lost root!

Just flashed the new radio ...20 via recovery and all is well...

Just waiting for the rooted 2.2 image to be uploaded and I'll be flashing that too :)

What's this radio like I'm on the last 2.2 radio

downloaded the update, still no voice tags for BT hands free calling, crap that is..

It broke my co pilot and double twisted, when I go to use them it thinks my phone is plugged into a pc even though it is the in car charger....

Lame...

It broke my co pilot and double twisted, when I go to use them it thinks my phone is plugged into a pc even though it is the in car charger....

Lame...

you need the updated co pilot, just install it over the previous cracked version and you dont need the serial or to download any maps

Checked again this morning and no update available is there a site I can get this from ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Note: I have not tried this myself
Thanks to rackhouse from xda for these instructions.
http://liveimage.htc.com/OTA_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.09.405.8-1.21.405.2_release4dua3bcrut4wrv30.zip

1. Download the Android 2.2 firmware for the Desire
2. Rename the file update.zip and copy it to your microSD card via USB. [Note: make sure the file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip.]
3. Power down your Desire
4. Hold down the “Volume Down” button as you power the phone back on.
5. A screen should appear showing your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down to “recovery” and press the “Power” button.
6. When you see the triangle with an exclamation point symbol, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
7. From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.”
8. When the screen displays “Install from sdcard complete” select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to power back up.

Last edited:
Showed as available OTA for me, downloaded and installed last night...on the 3 network.
90 meg download, 1st download was corrupt, worked 2nd time.

Back