1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA2 7200RPM 32MB cache £88.07

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
The Samsung Spinpoint F1 drive offers a superior combination of density, recording quality and reliability. This 3Gbps SATA drive has a maximum of 334GB of formatted capacity per disk while also featuring Samsung's industry-leading NoiseGuard and SilentSeek‚ technologies to eliminate acoustic noise. Servers, high-end desktops, RAID systems and DVRs are among the applications well suited to the Spinpoint F1 drive.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...+F1+SATA2+7200RPM+32MB+cache+?productId=30998

1TB drives are certainley coming down by far the cheapest i've seen

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

It's showing as:
£79.95 exc. VAT
£93.94 inc. VAT
for me, that's without postage as well.

Get this product for
£88.07 inc. VAT
through our very limited SuperSpecials offer!

when you click on the link its in big green letters?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

im getting the same as bastantey, £93.

Maybe your special so they are giving it to you cheaper???:Cheers:

Edit. Yh i see what ur saying below the original price it says "get it for....."

Get this product for
£88.07 inc. VAT
through our very limited SuperSpecials offer!

when you click on the link its in big green letters?

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC[/QUOTE

Sorry about that.
£92.18 with shipping,good price.

still the cheapest i've seen :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Excellent price for a 1TB drive. Thanks for posting.

Got to say what a good set of drives the spinpoint are too. Ive got a 500gb (£60 back in december)and its is so quiet compared to my 2 250gb seagate's ive got in also , very relible too, but im not even using it to its full advantage im using a PCI sata raid card. Ive just got it back from samsung as my psu blew something on the controller board but they replace it under warrnty lol, but im considering gettin this now and using the spare sata port on the pci card then i would have 2tb lmfao :proud:

The Samsung Spinpoint F1 drive offers a superior combination of density, recording quality and reliability. This 3Gbps SATA drive has a maximum of 334GB of formatted capacity per disk while also featuring Samsung's industry-leading NoiseGuard and SilentSeek‚ technologies to eliminate acoustic noise. Servers, high-end desktops, RAID systems and DVRs are among the applications well suited to the Spinpoint F1 drive.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...+F1+SATA2+7200RPM+32MB+cache+?productId=30998

1TB drives are certainley coming down by far the cheapest i've seen

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

I dont understand this, Does that mean you cant have 1 drive with 1TB, Does it mean it has to be split into 3 drives, and raided toghter ?

I dont understand this, Does that mean you cant have 1 drive with 1TB, Does it mean it has to be split into 3 drives, and raided toghter ?

No

The 1TB drives contains 3 platters internally which make up 1TB. This acts as 1 drive in your OS. The platters are just the way these hard drives are made ie a 500GB HD may have 2x250GB platters

it says its a sata 2 ? mine i think its sata the first one that came out not 2 does it matter or not?

cheeers

it says its a sata 2 ? mine i think its sata the first one that came out not 2 does it matter or not?

cheeers

If your motherboard is original sata then you can still use this drive, but you will only get sata speeds i.e. 150Mb/s not 300Mb/s (which sata 2 is). So you could still use it yes.

Guys even when running a RAID 0 with 2x 1TB drives the max read performance I can get is around 130Mbs on a SATA II connector.

I think anything over 150Mbs is not really possible with consumer gear.

Lol im debating this as i have the 500gb model and i have a spare sata port on my pci expansion card, but that would take me to 2TB

No

The 1TB drives contains 3 platters internally which make up 1TB. This acts as 1 drive in your OS. The platters are just the way these hard drives are made ie a 500GB HD may have 2x250GB platters

Ah thank you!

Back