1st bluray 3d movie on its way

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Been waiting months now for 3d movie releases and finally got cloudy with a chance of meatballs coming.
Hopefully will be able to get a nice library now to show of my expensive toy
:banana::banana::banana:

Do keep us posted and let us know how you get on, 3D presentations on a PJ sound very exciting.

Been waiting months now for 3d movie releases and finally got cloudy with a chance of meatballs coming.
Hopefully will be able to get a nice library now to show of my expensive toy
:banana::banana::banana:
have you got the 3D blueray player???

u need it to play a 3D dvd

i built a htpc with nvidia gt240 (capable of 3d) i5 processor
I got a 8 x lg bluray player and i think i need to get new cyberlink or arcsoft software and nvidia drivers to solely use graphics card but if the drivers not out yet i'm sure the processor should manage it

Well got it up and running a couple of days ago and absoloutelly fantastic.
i have seen a couple of 3d movies at cinema ,this is identical.
the image is superb.
i am going to record on 2d and upload link youtube if i can and attach link.
the 2d is identical qual to 3d

Are you using a LCD monitor or a TV set via HDMI. I heard the nvidia system needs a set that supports 120Hz input which most TV cannot.

i am using a acer h5360 (dlp 120hz) with nvidia 3d vision .
the pj was Just over £500 and 4x glasses cost me around £280 ,the glasses do the work which takes away the expense from screen and cinema projectors.
i also built a new pc which incorporates an nvidia geoforce graphic card (gt240).
my htpc was about £500(i5 @750) mark but also allows me to play all the 3d vision games .
All in excluding screen as i already had that i was just over £1200 for decent spec screen and bluray theatre projecting 4 metre pic.
I wouldnt even consider a tv at the minute if this is an option.
will post pic quality this morning

i am using a acer h5360 (dlp 120hz) with nvidia 3d vision .
the pj was Just over £500 and 4x glasses cost me around £280 ,the glasses do the work which takes away the expense from screen and cinema projectors.
i also built a new pc which incorporates an nvidia geoforce graphic card (gt240).
my htpc was about £500(i5 @750) mark but also allows me to play all the 3d vision games .
All in excluding screen as i already had that i was just over £1200 for decent spec screen and bluray theatre projecting 4 metre pic.
I wouldnt even consider a tv at the minute if this is an option.
will post pic quality this morning

Ive been looking and you can get the acer x110 3D with a 86" screen for £343 from amazon.Thats much cheaper than a new telly and i thought you could just hook the ps3 upto it. If you need the active glasses though that ofc bumps the price up. I would need 6 pairs :(.

not sure what glasses the ps3 can use.
you also have the dlp link which uses expand
XpanD - XpanD ProductsDont think there any cheaper though but i think this will let you watch sky 3d in future.
i know the h5360 can use these but i already went the 3d vision route which is good just now

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLaVquIotP0]YouTube - MOV_0173[/ame]

posted up on youtube.doesnt do justice but hopefully shows the quality using glasses.
also notice this was quite bright outside

ive an optoma HD65 i take it i cant make use of 3d movies ?

ive an optoma HD65 i take it i cant make use of 3d movies ?

when i was reading up on projectors i am sure i heard optomo were looking at firmware upgrade for hd65 as that was all that was required to play 3d movies.
If you google you should have asnwer now .
No you cant view 3d ,however i was showing quality of picture not effect as i thought it was obvious you wouldnt get the 3d effect

i just read someone saying about the 120hz needed so i googled about lookin for the full spec of my projector couldnt find what hz it was thanks :)

its a good wee projector for all i use it for wasnt bad price either.

thanks for the link m8 hopefully they release it soon enough :)

Surely it's impossible to show 3d with a camera that has only one eye? :)

True but can get an idea of what the picture is like in general, specially the 2D parts.

slighty off topic here,i've just got hold of a acer h5360 and am very impresed with it so far,but is there any way to get a scart RGB signal into this projector?
in the quick start guide,it says you can use RGB through the componant inputs but i cant get it to work....or am i mis-reading it ?
any help would be great
paul.

Back