18 New Channels On Freesat Platform

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Its been announced today that 18 new channels will be launched on the Freesat platform late July and early August.

The first set of channels, launching Thursday 24 July, features a range of entertainment, news, shopping and gaming channels:

Zone Reality (channel 136)
Zone Horror (channel 138)
Russia Today (channel 206)
The Fight Network (channel 251)
Inspiration (channel 690)
PitchWorld (channel 804)
Gems TV (channel 805)
Shop on TV (channel 807)
Netplay TV (channel 851)
Gala TV (channel 861)

The second set, to launch Friday 1 August, consists of popular radio stations:

Capital FM (channel 719)
Choice FM (channel 720)
Classic fm (channel 721)
Gold (channel 722)
XFM (channel 723)
NME Radio (channel 727)
Insight Radio (channel 777)
BFBS Radio (channel 786)

Commenting on the addition of the eighteen new channels, Emma Scott, MD of Freesat, said;

Following last week’s launch of BBC and ITV regional variants, these new TV and radio channels further enhance Freesat’s offering and provide extra choice to viewers and listeners. This is great news for Freesat customers and something we will continue to do this year and beyond.

a bit more searching and Ive found this :)

BFBS Radio – Channel 786 - Going live on 1 August 2008.
BRITISH FORCES BROADCASTING SERVICE ON FREESAT TV.

BFBS Radio has been broadcasting to the British Forces overseas since 1943. The Forces’ station currently has bases in eleven countries, including Iraq, Germany, Cyprus, Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands, and reaches another dozen countries, including Afghanistan and Kosovo, via satellite. It plays a wide variety of music, has its own news service and specializes in ‘blueys’ – messages and requests for the Forces.

INSPIRATION CHANNEL JOINS FREESAT CHANNEL NUMBER 690 as of the 24th JULY 2008.
Inspiration– Channel 690: Launched in January 2005, the Inspiration Network has become the fastest growing inspirational network for the international audience, with quality, faith-based content reflecting a global perspective.

THE FIGHT NETWORK JOINS FREESAT CHANNEL 251 as of the 24th JULY 2008.
The Fight Network – Channel 251: Launched in 2005, The Fight Network is a multi-platform, international sports and entertainment company, providing its content to fight fans on digital television, pay-per-view, VOD, radio, mobile and online. The Fight Network is the global leader in presenting and covering all combat sports, including Mixed Martial Arts (MMA), Boxing, Wrestling and Kickboxing and theme-related entertainment, through its 24/7 dedication to the sports

RUSSIA TODAY WILL JOIN FREESAT AS OF THE 24th JULY 2008.
Russia Today – Channel 206: Russia Today is the first 24/7 English-language news channel to present the Russian point of view on events happening in Russia and throughout the world. RT provides viewers with breaking news, stories on politics, business, and public affairs around the clock.

ZONE HORROR NEW ON FREESAT CHANNEL 138 AS OF THE 24th of JUNE 2008.

Zone Horror – Channel 138: Dedicated to the dark side of cinema, Zone Horror sources popular horror films and series from around the world. Airing golden age classics, controversial cult films, kitsch masterpieces and highly original contemporary titles, Zone Horror appeals to all types of viewers, from the obsessive fan to the sporadic fright seeker.

Freesat addition as of the 24th July 2008 is ZONE REALITY on channel 136.

Zone Reality – Channel 136: Dedicated to explosive, unpredictable and extraordinary real-life programming. Zone Reality provides a unique insight into people’s lives through a winning combination of dramatic quality documentaries and long running series.

PITCHWORLD NEW FREESAT TV CHANNEL 804.
LAUNCH DATE - 24th July 2008.

The channel broadcasts 24 hours a day and divides the products it sells into the following categories,

COOKING 'N' CLEANING,
FOR THE KIDS,
PRESENTS & TREATS,
HOME, GARDEN & CAR,
SPACE & TIME SAVERS,
LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF.

Viewers can order products by phone and online. The channel operates as a traditional shopping channel in that the items sold are a fixed price and not auctioned or reduced.

BFBS used to listen to all the time when in mob, then they brought out BFBS Telly which believe is scrambled.

Now Broadcasting and on the Freesat EPG,you may need a rescan if not already there ;)

Zone Reality (channel 136)
Zone Horror (channel 138)
Russia Today (channel 206)
The Fight Network (channel 251)
Inspiration (channel 690)
PitchWorld (channel 804)
Gems TV (channel 805)
Shop on TV (channel 807)
Netplay TV (channel 851)
Gala TV (channel 861)

BFBS is cool, I have someone on my card share that has a card, it's basically just a selection of SKYchannels (Sky One, Sports etc) with alternative adverts. the ads are interesting, some of them are specifically aimed at the military (no pun intended) :)

but its Radio ?

I've not got any of the new channels yet?
I'll try another rescan later.

It seems they dissapeared last night for a lot of people...testing maybe?
After a rescan this morning i got the TV channels but no new radio stations.

Radio are August 1st Bob :)

That explains it then :)
Thanks Rat...much obliged as usual.

while setting up a box today i noticed some more new channels, but didnt really take much notice lol, but one of them was TWC (the wrestling channel?)

last week a full scan found 80 odd channels, today a full scan found 90+

cheers Digi scanning now :)

EDIT: its the same as last week ;)

Radio stations have been added today
I wasnt prompted to scan so I done a freesat scan and they appeared

Capital 95.8
Choice Fm
Classic Fm
Gold
XFM
NME Radio
Insight Radio
BFBS Radio

every box i fit is new, so does a software update first, the bush ones take for ever, but the humax HD ones are nice and quick.

today ive fitted both, the SD bush found 109 channels yet the humax HD only found 96

couldnt be arsed to go through the list in the customers houses to find the difference, but thats just something that caught my attention today :)

hmm I just done a fresh freesat scan Digi and its found 105

could it be regional BBC channels that are making the numbers different ?

Back