12v Power to T911?

Superflous

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,
ive just bought my first t911 and i'm about to try unlocking my first card.

unfortunately I can't find a 9v power supply about, only a 12v one.

Will this work or cause any damage to the cards?

cheers

try argos they do a "Ross" regulated variable power supply it works fine with my t199

cric2k said:
Hi,
ive just bought my first t911 and i'm about to try unlocking my first card.

unfortunately I can't find a 9v power supply about, only a 12v one.

Will this work or cause any damage to the cards?

cheers
All the blue t911 I've seen have a built-in regulator and will happily work up to 18v ac or dc so there shouldn't be a problem with your 12 volter .....

tbh, i've found an old 11.2v power supply (an old cb radio supply, I think) works far better than a 9v supply. The initial generation of glitchers nearly all required 12v for power and, as they use nearly identical circuitry, there should be no problem running at 12v

mine always fails when using 9v 12v works fine :Cheers:

if your t911 fails when using a 9v power supply it is a question of insufficient current being supplied. on a variable regulated power supply it will make no difference to the t911 what voltage you use. because all that is actually required is 5.6volts.

TWOBEERCANS said:
if your t911 fails when using a 9v power supply it is a question of insufficient current being supplied. on a variable regulated power supply it will make no difference to the t911 what voltage you use. because all that is actually required is 5.6volts.

Not quite sure about that !

Whilst most of the circuitry runs via the 5v regulator the actual glitch pulse is derived directly from the supplied power supply without going through the regulator.

nozzer said:
Not quite sure about that !

Whilst most of the circuitry runs via the 5v regulator the actual glitch pulse is derived directly from the supplied power supply without going through the regulator.

this seems unlikely as the glitch pulse is a percentile of the vcc applied to the card!! my nexus certainly works effectively at 6volts as well as 12

electronically speaking it would not be a good idea to apply pulses greater than the vcc to any digital gate.

OK, I didn't explain what I meant very well !

On my glitcher the glitch voltage is produced by integrating a pulse width modulated output from the processor. This of course will produce a voltage between 0 and 5V. This is then buffered via an op-amp follower constructed from an LM358 device which is powered directly from the incoming power supply. The LM358 seems to work much better if it has a couple of volts headroom so 7v is probably the recommended minimum. The circuit I used recommends 9v but other circuits recommend 12v.

It probably makes no practical difference as long as the supply voltage is above about 6.5v to 7v except that noise on a lower voltage supply may be more prone to cause noise on any resultant glitch pulse.

As a practical observation though many glitching circuits do actually apply voltages greater than Vcc to a circuit. The whole point of glitching is, afterall, to attempt to get a circuit to operate incorrectly. This is obvously not the case with this circuit though as it is actually the cards Vcc supply that is being glitched. An alternative glitching method for Rom10 cards does manipulate Vcc to over 10v for nS periods though !

hi mate
which model is it i got the orange nexus and it run fine on 12v

that make's perfect sense.

since the actual gates operate at 2/3 vcc (threshold) and we can't manipulate this then the vcc on the card must be manipulated in order to create a grey area as far as the 2/3rds vcc is concerned. so we end up with a gate that based on very tight timing wouldn't know wether it was open or closed.

but the suspision would be that a variance much lower than a few volts could be employed. infact i had estimated that .6 volts would be ample, the need for a rock solid power supply is of course apparent.

from what i have seen it is crappy power supplies that make 9-12volts a prerequisite of the glitching process.

i also thought that nagra cards could work at 3.3volts and had a tolerance for 5volts. < this of course is an assumption. bet i sound stupid now lol..

My orange Nexus loves my cable modem power adapter.

@khan .. do you have a nexus that works at 12v.. LOL

edc.

TWOBEERCANS said:
that make's perfect sense.

since the actual gates operate at 2/3 vcc (threshold) and we can't manipulate this then the vcc on the card must be manipulated in order to create a grey area as far as the 2/3rds vcc is concerned. so we end up with a gate that based on very tight timing wouldn't know wether it was open or closed.

but the suspision would be that a variance much lower than a few volts could be employed. infact i had estimated that .6 volts would be ample, the need for a rock solid power supply is of course apparent.

from what i have seen it is crappy power supplies that make 9-12volts a prerequisite of the glitching process.

i also thought that nagra cards could work at 3.3volts and had a tolerance for 5volts. < this of course is an assumption. bet i sound stupid now lol..

This ie getting very technical lol

gawd damn it people I only asked if a 12v power cable is acceptable.

need a degree in electrical engineering to read the rest of the post :p

Back