10meg ntl

Did you have to do anything or did it just happen like the 2meg did?

10MB, thats faster than most companies have, lol, What the download limit?

They seem to be getting faster and faster, ukonline are selling a 22mb service, totally not needed for your average home user though.

draindet said:
Did you have to do anything or did it just happen like the 2meg did?

basically what he said, and is it free?

edit: sorry just checked ntlhome and if u have a cable modem, u can upgrade online, if u have a set top box modem u ring up, number = 0800 052 2000

edit again: my mate just said he only gets 500-700kb/s not really 10mb download speeds, and its an extra £13 a month, can anyone else comment on whether its worth it or not?

Last edited:
Details of other packages on offer including prices have yet to be published. But it seems that the cable company is to give all its punters 10 meg access and then charge them according to usage rather than speed

sounds good cut that from a webby although i wonder if it will be cheaper or more expensive that way

my m8's upgeaded to 10meg, and he is impressewd the speeds he can download large files, and it's about £37 a month capped at 75gb

75gig a month is crap, but they only send u a letter if u consistently do it.

i spoke to ntl today they said they cant upgrade 2mb or 1mb yet to 10mb but after new years they can but will charge £37 when for a tenner more you could have a business account and have unlimited with unlimited speeds

I dont see a difference downloading from torrents but downloading a file from a site is fast.
1.20meg a sec

No i did not have to do a thing, my modem went off yesterday at 1am, then i was getting very fast down loads.

did a speed test and lol 10meg, shut down computer and on again speed test again 10meg lol great.

As for speeds as already said from the web it flys, P2P is not as good as would like most down loads are up in speed but not by a lot.

but when you hit a good connection then its really fast

if your on a 3meg line its a free upgrade, dont know where you get this 13 pounds? if you had to pay then it would not be a free upgrade and. if it was done with out you saying so, you would not pay.

Iv been talking to the same person for ages and was told its 34.99 a month 75gig cap (kind off) and you will be told if you go over this to much, then you may end up with a 56k connection.

also was told that they are looking to bring out software so that you know how much you have down loaded to aid you not going over your 75gig. but when this comes out she did not say, (may be when every one is on 10meg)

just have to wait and see what they are going to do about going over the top, and how much is it going to cost per meg?

Last edited:
? m8 doss any one no if thay are still upgrading the 1 megs to 3 free as i red that thay are going to some time ago.

:Cheers:

I rang em for my upgrade and today i got the letter saying in december they wre gonna upgrade it to 10mb, however my current samsung box wont go anyfaster than 5mb, so looks like i need to upgrade my box to a modem, i bet they try to slap a charge on for doing it. 5mb is fast but hey i want the full monty

taken from the nthell website

Courtesy of Techgod

The automatic rollout is expected to start December 1st.

[*] All modems can support 10meg speed including Motorola and Terayons.
[*] The Samsung STB can also get the 10meg speed just no config file has been created yet.
[*] The PACE can not support it and will need to be swapped to a modem.
[*] The speed is an "up to 10meg" you may not get it but you will still get at least 3meg.
[*] This is currently a trial and not all areas can fully support 10 meg hence the up to bit.
[*] All 3 meg customer will be upgraded by the end of the year 1meg and 2meg to follow but no date yet.

looks like ntl just trying to make more money..

im on the 2meg just gonna check the site now, doubt ill get 10 meg..

but honstly im happy with my 2mb uncapped :D

Back