1000 stuck in update mode

DessertDog

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone got any suggestions for this please.This only happend after the last software update was working fine before that now nothing at all.

describe the problem please mate!

when it boots up flashes pace on tv then goes straight into update mode middle light flashing and stay like that for about 5 mins or so then just the top light on and nothing lol

try cleaning the simm card mate thats got to be your first stop or take lid off and slightly push the simm back.

dont think its the card put another card in fun with auto on and still the same this has only gone like this the day they updated the software m8 i have 2 boxes gone the same way.Seems as though its to do with the new software update ???

DessertDog said:
dont think its the card put another card in fun with auto on and still the same this has only gone like this the day they updated the software m8 i have 2 boxes gone the same way.Seems as though its to do with the new software update ???

dosnt mean the funcard
means the memory strip at the front
but i dont think this will work i have had a few go like this with me
left them as dead boxes
and yes just incase it was the memory took a known good one swapped same
reprogrammed the atmels
tried the boot up wth out cable worked
then tried again to set netid etc back to what it was before
i think it has to do with the nvram
is there a way of clearing this without removing it from the board ???

Thanks david its strange why 2 boxes go at the same time as the software update though dont you think ?

not just ur m8 loads have a look for 1000 problems
may be the same as benny had with the 4000's
he fitted a bigger memory chip hmm wonder if that is possible

i'll pull the schematics and have a look < don't see em myself because i'm pure ntl

davidh said:
not just ur m8 loads have a look for 1000 problems
may be the same as benny had with the 4000's
he fitted a bigger memory chip hmm wonder if that is possible

M5M5408AFP-70LL was the only chip i could lay my hands on m8 {basicly the same chip, "just bigger memory diffrent manu" }

this 4000 had a problem previous to the cr4 update {every week or so the box would reset itself}----its just the cr4 update made it worse for some reason----"faulty nvram"

Back