1000 sim board

DessertDog

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if what i have been told is correct.I have a 1000 with CR1 this has stoped working due to the Update that has just happend.
Im told that if i can get a sim board from another box and put it in mine it should get it workning again.
From what i can see there are 2 chips missing from my board is this right ???
Im old and getting confused lol

Yes, removing the chips was the eay to prevent updates.

Are you on TW? Is your box on TW CR1 or C&W?

im ex cw cr1 m8 thats my problem didnt update now no tv lol
this is driving me nuts lol
sorry here is another question maybe someone can answer.

does the sim module hold the update or is it the main board i ask this because i have just taken out the sim module in my box that updated to CR3 and put it into my mates box it updated again in his box and all seems ok but when i put the old sim with 2 chips on back in it just goes into a loop sort of thing keeps rebooting. Is there something im doing wrong here net id is ok

Im sorry to be a pain but if i need a sim with 4 chips on is there anywhere i can buy one ?

you need an unmodifed simm board left in the box for it to work, putting any unmodified simm into the box will make it update but you have to leave it in there i'm afraid.

JIMLCHIPIT said:
you need an unmodifed simm board left in the box for it to work, putting any unmodified simm into the box will make it update but you have to leave it in there i'm afraid.

Does the newer C&W firmware only work on an unmodified ('4 chip') SIMM?

Well you can use a ph1b simm or a 2-chip simm if you are on CR1 but if you upgraded to CR3 then you needed to leave the 4chip simm in place or your fecked.
I am using a Wembley dump on a 1000 main board with a ph1b simm and it would also work if you were using a 2 chip simm but you have to program the main board attys with a Wembley dump then change your net id (I used a test simm to do that) back to your area net id (I'm in Essex ex-c&w41050).
I have read the attys from a working 1000 simm but when I put them back on the simm stopped working! and I didn't even change the dump on them or the box I just read them? I get error4.
This has been something I’ve been trying to do for a long time now with trying to duplicate the 1000 simm and for some reason I’m still unsuccessful.
Clive.

Well what can a say but thanks all for the info this is why the forum is the best always someone to help.
I have just had a phone call from a mate he says he knows someone who will get the 1000s that have gone down back up and running for 35 quid dont sound too bad maybe ill take a chance and give him my mates box see how he gets on no idea what he is going to do to it but its no good as it is so worth a try i think.

Thanks lads for all your help.
Think i will look into dbox2 for the future
lol
thanks again all

clive58 said:
Well you can use a ph1b simm or a 2-chip simm if you are on CR1 but if you upgraded to CR3 then you needed to leave the 4chip simm in place or your fecked.
I am using a Wembley dump on a 1000 main board with a ph1b simm and it would also work if you were using a 2 chip simm but you have to program the main board attys with a Wembley dump then change your net id (I used a test simm to do that) back to your area net id (I'm in Essex ex-c&w41050).
I have read the attys from a working 1000 simm but when I put them back on the simm stopped working! and I didn't even change the dump on them or the box I just read them? I get error4.
This has been something I’ve been trying to do for a long time now with trying to duplicate the 1000 simm and for some reason I’m still unsuccessful.
Clive.
as you seem to know what your talking about :)
I have a pace 1000 box telewest and my area has not been hit by the update yet
is there anyway of sorting the box out so i dont get turned off ?
thanks

DessertDog said:
I think it depends on if you have the 2 sim module or the 4 sim one m8
hi
thanks for the reply
how can i check this ?
thanks

rfhead said:
hi
thanks for the reply
how can i check this ?
thanks
Take lid off m8 its a sit up board very much like a memory board on a pc its right at the front on a 1000 dunno about others sorry see if it has 2 or 4 chips and no fish lol

DessertDog said:
Take lid off m8 its a sit up board very much like a memory board on a pc its right at the front on a 1000 dunno about others sorry see if it has 2 or 4 chips and no fish lol
hi m8ty
from what i see it has 4 chips on the riser board
pace.JPG

You should be ok then when it goes CR3.2
If not then a forced update should sort it but wait till your area gets the updated software ok.
Clive.

clive58 said:
You should be ok then when it goes CR3.2
If not then a forced update should sort it but wait till your area gets the updated software ok.
Clive.
Will it be hard to sort a forced update ?
what will i need to do ?

thanks

originaly posted by clive58
Clive.

are you sure your programer is up to it m8, {i seem to remember you had a bit of trouble when you 1st tried it??}-----just reading the simm and replaceing the atmels "shouldn't give you error4 "

have you tried blank atmels on the simm yet ????

DessertDog said:
rf i agree with clive m8 u should be ok cant promise that but life is a gamble lol
well you guys seem cool so im sure you will help me out if you can if needed ?
thanks for the info anyway :)

DessertDog said:
thats what we are here for m8 if we can help we will if we cant i at least will tell you
just one last question
i read on another post about an anti-update mod ?

just wondered if this would be usefull to me ?

thanks

Back