10 things we didn't know last week

fizsparky

Inactive User
Reaction score
I was on the BBC News website and came across this..."10 things we didn't know last week."

1. The Royal Family costs the equivalent of 66p per person in the UK.
More details

2. Benito Mussolini was knighted in 1923 but it was withdrawn in 1940.
More details

3. About 35% of the 13.1 billion plastic bottles used by UK households annually are recycled, up from 3% in 2001.
More details

4. A Volvo can accommodate 13 people.
More details

5. Blue Peter presenters Valerie Singleton and Peter Purves had a fling.
More details

6. Dogs can lawfully mess on roads with a speed limit of 40mph or above.
More details

7. There are 13 podiatrists at the Glastonbury Festival.
More details

8. On average, 1.5m 24-hour ration packs are eaten every year by British forces serving around the globe.
More details

9. Kanye West ices his knees after every performance.
More details

10. The number of people killed on the roads is at its lowest since records began in 1926.
More details

We all know about number 4 lol its in the main news section. One thing I'm pleased about is number 10, I think its great...

Number 9, Kanye West; that suprised me...it's not like he uses his knees to sing? Wierd...:Clap:

Interesting.

I can't think what section this is best placed.

If only we had a section where current events are reported and discussed.

Oh wait, we do!

;)

I would rather pay 66p for them .
Than the amount we are paying for the lazy scrounging scum , who do sweet f/a !!!!

lol i thought that was them . only the accent is different and the amount they are stealing .

They actually bring a lot of money into this country !!!

Not like the ones that breed like rats , and just hold their hand out !
They are the one's I object to !
People don't seem to realise we can't just keep paying for scroungers !

They breed !!!!

Soon there will be more holding there hands out , than there will be people who actually contribute .
Then what will happen ?????

They actually bring a lot of money into this country !!!

Not like the ones that breed like rats , and just hold their hand out !
They are the one's I object to !
People don't seem to realise we can't just keep paying for scroungers !

They breed !!!!

Soon there will be more holding there hands out , than there will be people who actually contribute .
Then what will happen ?????

well we could start by saving 40 million just by cutting this lot off . that isnt even thier security just what they get to keep them in luxary . come off it m8 no-one can justify this money . and let me tell you somthing i go to london a few times a year and its not for the royals . tourists would still come in thier droves as its a great city to visit .

40m/year for the Royal family. Bargain, thought it cost more than that. They will easily recoup that kind of money 10 ten fold.

40m/year for the Royal family. Bargain, thought it cost more than that. They will easily recoup that kind of money 10 ten fold.

Totally agree there m8. Great value for money. They dont just bring in tourists countryboy, they bring in foreign trade and investments besides the billions in tourism.

Besides that the revenue from the Crown estates paid over 200 million to the government last year so 40 million to keep it going is buttons.

66p in the name of goodness how can anyone complain about that, you pay more tax on a litre of petrol than that.

Back