10 k run times?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys what's your best 10 k run times?, ie age , fitness level , gender etc...?
Just wanna compare to mine..lol😁

I'll start..I'm 55 , fitness level good, male,49 minutes 10k in local park..

Age 52
Fitness Level- Butchers Dog
Male
10K Time Best 45.12

45.12 was the best time for me although that was at 48 no longer run as i had a cartridge tear on my left knee had it trimmed and took the surgeons advice to stop running. Cardio wise im now restricted to Cross trainer and rowing machine low impact. Kills me no longer running to be honest just about ran every Wednesday and Saturday morning from when i stopped smoking at 25 till almost 50. Runner's Euphoria ya man 🤣

Dont skimp on your runners mate and make sure you get your gate checked is the best advice i can give you. Enjoy it but take a month off now and then, your not getting any younger.

I started jogging in park in March 2020 wen covid came about..no gyms so I thought I'd try running..havnt looked back..really enjoy it..so far no serious injuries, just aches n pains due to age lol...but I'm gonna carry on..mix it up with gym and running 😀

Old, Can't be bothered to walk never mind run, I'll run when I'm dead 🤪

I'm 40, reasonable fitness level (i guess, although no where near as fit as i used to be before the kids came along when I was playing football at least 3 times a week and ran non stop), around 11 stone. I started off with the couch 2 5 k from the first lockdown last March and completed that, managed to get the 5k done in 25 mins. I then slowed down a bit with running due to work and injury. I've just started to run again in last few weeks and have managed to just about equal the 5k time i had previously so i'm now trying to work up to the 10k.

I have only ever run one 10k and finished in 58 minutes. I was about 52 at the time and have no plans to try and beat that time.

Ah so I'm there sbouts on time...as long as I keep running..just for fitness really...keep me sane and healthy lol..only took up running since this covid began, I've lost loads of weight lol..trouble is I put it back on , diet could be better but then I burn it off again...lol

Slow and steady mate...you'll find you'll improve the more runs you do.keep it up and you'll soon be much fitter..😉

Not very related to the time bit but how do you guys tackle joint & foot pains & tiredness over the whole week after such a long run? Just ignore and keep running?

Not very related to the time bit but how do you guys tackle joint & foot pains & tiredness over the whole week after such a long run? Just ignore and keep running?
I tend to get aches in thighs and calfs, so I put frozen bags of ice on them for a good 30 mins at least after a run. Other than that, i try to do some stretches before / after running.

I very rarely get any any pain or joint problems, best to stretch properly before run and after. I always wear compression calve supports and knee compression supports...trainers do make a he'll of a difference, I wear asics running trainers..

I tend to get aches in thighs and calfs, so I put frozen bags of ice on them for a good 30 mins at least after a run. Other than that, i try to do some stretches before / after running.
Try calve compression sleeves and also knee supports, I wear these under my leggings or track bottoms.. all good so far, no issues

Back