1.6L engine to be classed the same as 2.2L Sports car

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I've got 5 kids, including myself and the wife that makes 7 of us.

We need a car to get us to work etc, so I need a People Carrier (or MPV if you are American).

I needed a MPV so I bought a Vauxhall Zafira 1.6, I could have bought a bigger engine but i saw no reason as I've no intention of entering any races or even trying to overtake anything more than a HGV!

But now I find this fooking goverment is wanting to cripple my bottom line finances even further buy increasing my my road tax!

Considering the number of people my car transports and the relatively low engine capacity I reckon, I'm not the type of person they should be targetting.

I''m getting shafted.

I'm considering pretending a heart attack/stroke/death and claiming one of these disabilty benefits that will get a me a car for fook all with free road tax and insurance, like all the other fooking lazy fat bastard liars in my area.

(this rant does NOT include genuinely incapacitated people)

Makes me sick.

Fooking Goverment bastards.

I thought this bit was quite touching! :)

LOL!

You sarky bastard!

Witchy. The only way a Government can modify behaviour is by making things illegal or increasing tax.

At the moment its the tax stick you are being beaten with.

Im looking for a zafira myself. Not got a large family; I just like to fill a car with blow up dolls and shout obscenities at the locals.

I've got 5 kids, including myself and the wife that makes 7 of us.

We need a car to get us to work etc, so I need a People Carrier (or MPV if you are American).

I needed a MPV so I bought a Vauxhall Zafira 1.6, I could have bought a bigger engine but i saw no reason as I've no intention of entering any races or even trying to overtake anything more than a HGV!

But now I find this fooking goverment is wanting to cripple my bottom line finances even further buy increasing my my road tax!

Considering the number of people my car transports and the relatively low engine capacity I reckon, I'm not the type of person they should be targetting.

I''m getting shafted.

I'm considering pretending a heart attack/stroke/death and claiming one of these disabilty benefits that will get a me a car for fook all with free road tax and insurance, like all the other fooking lazy fat bastard liars in my area.

(this rant does NOT include genuinely incapacitated people)

Makes me sick.

Fooking Goverment bastards.

we're all getting shafted m8. it wont be long before they hit the smaller engines with some bullshit

so when's the revoluti0n? :)

Look on the bright side, I have to pay more road tax just to transport me around.

Im looking for a zafira myself. Not got a large family; I just like to fill a car with blow up dolls and shout obscenities at the locals.

i want a zafira so i can park it just right so that it takes up enough room that 3 normal cars could use if it was pulled forward or backwards about another 3 foot in the 24 foot parking space that its using, like all the coffin dodgers who live by me who drive them park

this is not a dig at zafira drivers BTW lol, but i think that if someone is going to buy a larger than average size car/jeep/mpv whatever, they should be able to prove that theyre able to drive and park it safely, therea a guy lives by me who drives a zafira, and he used to be a useless fookwit on a pushbike, and i told him that i only think he passed as he must give a great BJ lol, but ive watched him reverse into 2 cars, a wall, his own dog, a young mum at the school (im not lying), drive forward into a wall, his dog, a lamp post, the guy is a fookin danger to other people

but as for the govt, i think larger families should be given a tax break on things like this, as you could easily (but expensively) have 2 cars instead, theyre out to stitch everyone up

put disposable barbeque charcoal in your trainers, make carbon footprints everywhere you go, thatll teach them to mess with us :proud:

but as for the govt, i think larger families should be given a tax break on things like this, as you could easily (but expensively) have 2 cars instead, theyre out to stitch everyone up

Surely then the tax break here is not having to tax 2 cars.

but as for the govt, i think larger families should be given a tax break on things like this

Can't see how that would be fair, big families get plenty of dickie money and plenty of Family Tax Credits .... now you think you should get a VED reduction because becuase your a horny twat ? lol

I think anyone who is on the brew should be allowed one kid, then forced to have the snip until he gets a job, then it can be reversed !! lol

lol, I'm not after any benefits mate. I didn't say I wanted any tax breaks, but yes, I am a horny bastard ;)

I'm moaning because I need a MPV to get my tribe around, it carries 7 people and only has a 1.6 engine, the fuel economy for this amount of people in one car with a 1.6 engine must be considered good

So why am I going to be paying the same amount of road tax as a fooking gas guzzling 2.2 litre sports car with 2 seats driven by a fanny?

1.6 litre family car with 7 occupants.
2.2 litre Wank car with 1 occupant.

Doesn't add up in my book.

funny thing is the government is hidding this as a green tax.....i doubt it will be used for anything remotely environmental or useful.......just another way to get extra money out of us.

It would be good if the politicians have to live by the same laws and realistic wages/expenses etc. But because their extravagant lifestyle costs them nothing they come out with useless shit like this.

lol, I'm not after any benefits mate. I didn't say I wanted any tax breaks, but yes, I am a horny bastard ;)

I'm moaning because I need a MPV to get my tribe around, it carries 7 people and only has a 1.6 engine, the fuel economy for this amount of people in one car with a 1.6 engine must be considered good

So why am I going to be paying the same amount of road tax as a fooking gas guzzling 2.2 litre sports car with 2 seats driven by a fanny?

1.6 litre family car with 7 occupants.
2.2 litre Wank car with 1 occupant.

Doesn't add up in my book.

Because the Wankmobile will probably drive to and from work each day and might even nip about hunting some skirt at the weekend.

Meanwhile back at the ranch....... you are wondering the streets with nearly half a football team to pick up little Timmys new bike and drop off Brooklyns best chum in the whole wide world who stayed over last night and then fly round to "Tesco" etc to pick up 3 palletts of babywipes and pampers then its off to clog the arterial routes of most of the cities in the country by doing the "school run", then even though she is 14 yrs old, Daisy has still not developed the life changing skill of "walking" so mummies & daddies will roam the streets half the day and night picking up thier spawn.

And lets not get started on the dreaded "days out" lol, ....REBATE ? ..... should be more like an INCREASE !! lol

funny thing is the government is hidding this as a green tax.....i doubt it will be used for anything remotely environmental or useful.......just another way to get extra money out of us.

It would be good if the politicians have to live by the same laws and realistic wages/expenses etc. But because their extravagant lifestyle costs them nothing they come out with useless shit like this.

On the nose mate :Clap:

Because the Wankmobile will probably drive to and from work each day and might even nip about hunting some skirt at the weekend.

Meanwhile back at the ranch....... you are wondering the streets with nearly half a football team to pick up little Timmys new bike and drop off Brooklyns best chum in the whole wide world who stayed over last night and then fly round to "Tesco" etc to pick up 3 palletts of babywipes and pampers then its off to clog the arterial routes of most of the cities in the country by doing the "school run", then even though she is 14 yrs old, Daisy has still not developed the life changing skill of "walking" so mummies & daddies will roam the streets half the day and night picking up thier spawn.

And lets not get started on the dreaded "days out" lol, ....REBATE ? ..... should be more like an INCREASE !! lol

WTF are you talking about, was I supposed to laugh at that?

Not in my case no.

We use our car to get to work and go shopping.

The kids that are old enough either walk or get the bus to School.

Fubar. Hate to admit it, but I agree with you entirely.
Why should you get a rebate cos you decide to have more kids, that was your choice.

Witchy this isn't meant as a personal attack on you, just a gripe of mine. People who have large families and state that they don't claim benefits, what do they think tax credits are?? Obviously its not as bad as someone having a large family and no job or means to support their offspring. But don't come crying to me because your cost of living is more expensive beacause you have 5 children than mine, it is entirely down to choice.
Why should I get taxed heavier than you?

Why should I get taxed heavier than you?

Has anyone actually read my first post? :err:

I'm not after any type of rebate/benefit/concession.

All I'm saying is that ANYONE that owns a 1.6L car should not be in the same VED category as a 2.2L sports car, who the fook said I wanted a rebate? Certainly wasn't me.

I need a MPV. The lowest spec engine is a 1.6L, the Goverment have classed my 1.6L engine in the same catagory as a 2.2L sports car.

This is about unfair road tax classification, nothing else.

PMSL, missed this one :)

All I'm saying is that ANYONE that owns a 1.6L car should not be in the same VED category as a 2.2L sports car, who the fook said I wanted a rebate? Certainly wasn't me.

I need a MPV. The lowest spec engine is a 1.6L, the Goverment have classed my 1.6L engine in the same catagory as a 2.2L sports car.

This is about unfair road tax classification, nothing else.

Because your thread is called "Punished for having a big family" which would imply that you do not think it is fair for you to get charged more, so you dont want to pay it and the only way to do that is by getting a "concession"

PS, stevemac40 was right chum, my post was not a personal attack, just a generalisation. :Cheers:

Witchy, your quite right. It was didgidude talking about rebates/concessions.

In which case I take it the fact that you transport your family is superfluous to your argument and that your rant is "Why is my 1.6L car in the same tax band as a 2.2L car?". Really we are just talking about banding and the fact that the banding might be too wide.

witchy my friend we actually agree on something ;) lol

I too have a people carrier and have a large family I'm not sure if my car comes into the high bracket tbh (I'm sure it must do)
and I feel the same as you m8,punished is the right word
punished for having a large family

we don't choose to have a gas guzzler like some we NEED a large car to transport our family

Back