1.4 is it safe

stelladrinka

Inactive User
Reaction score
My son has just purchased live, is 1.4 still safe online to play backups.

cheers

At the moment yes,but you never no when the ban hammer is going to hit.

My son has just purchased live, is 1.4 still safe online to play backups.

cheers

No-one is 100% safe mate, but Firmware 1.4 is currently as good as it gets.

It's still very risky using hacked firmware.

All you can do is keep an eye on the scene to see if firstly any bans are made for people using 1.4 and then stop going on live yourself and secondly to see if any developments in the firmware occurs and updated versions are released.

Otherwise, as the disclaimers state - USE LIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK

All you can do is keep an eye on the scene to see if firstly any bans are made for people using 1.4 and then stop going on live yourself and secondly to see if any developments in the firmware occurs and updated versions are released.

Otherwise, as the disclaimers state - USE LIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK

I think peeps using 1.4 firmware will see bans too but this may well be down to having older firmware on their drives prior to the 1.4 release and also theres still the chance that the 1.4 users have played incorrectly patched games which could also be a reason for a ban. Like said above... no one is 100% sure what causes the bans and M$ do have this clever little system running of delaying bans to cause confusion ;) lol

1.4 is certainly the safest to use at this point in time though :)

I suppose unless you have a brand new console and have only used ixtreme firmware, there is always that risk. MS must carry out sweeps on connected consoles and create a potential ban list which is then randomly activated. As you say, clever and confusing.

I dl my backups and always check in Mulleter before making a coaster. LOL

Back