1.2 Gibertini upgrade

Popcorn

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have been thinking about upgrading my dish, I presently have a 1m orbital steel dish with an inverto black line ultra Lnb on a diseq motor. To be honest I am quite pleased with this as I get pretty good reception on 26E, mbc, dubai one etc (in all but torental downpours) and 7W fox series (on clear evenings).
Now then, I have been looking at the 1.2 gibertini dish but trying it on the diseq motor first (before spending more money on mount, vbox and motor) The dish is ground mounted and in a very, very sheltered location in the corner of a sunken garden with a 10ft wall directly behind running West to East and adjacent to a 10ft wall running North to South. (I was trying to upload a pic but couldn't find any hosting)
The gibertini is quite a bit bigger than the orbital but 3kgs lighter, the thing I am not sure about is the mounting as the output shaft of the motor is 50mm and the range of pole for the gibby starts at 55mm, I think I have read someone tried it and it would not fit on the motor.
So does anyone here use a 1.2 gibertini and what do you think of it, build quality etc, would it be much of an upgrade over a 1m orbital dish. The 1.2 has a 1.5 dB higher gain do you think this be much of a real world improvment? if it would fit/work on the diseq I think I may try it but with the cost of polar mount, vbox and motor it would become too expensive.
I mostly scan for feeds and search for those weak sats rather than watch TV
Your thoughts welcome.

I really don't see any gain there Popcorn, i dont have personal experience with the Gibertini dish but know it is very well thought of.
I have a 1.2M Channel Master/C/W FEEDHORN/.3 C120 QUAD INVACOM lnb and a 1224 ELEVATION MOTOR thats as good as it apparently gets without going bigger than 1.2m :Clap::proud:

Hi Popcorn,
Would agree with Sirius 5e,cant beat the CM 1.2 dish.
Never rated the Girbitini dish much,fitted one to a Moteck motor and it fouled the motor on both sides when moving.
Two options:Upgrade to a CM 1.2 and it comes with a 3" mount, Hisat sell adaptors for this dish to enable it to fit on a standard diseqc motor (only about £10).Fitted a few of these and works O.k but expect the motor not to last as long as normal!
Buy a Triax 1.1m dish, found these almost as good as a CM 1.2 and the best Lnb you can get your hands on (recommend the Technomate gold series 0.1)

Many thanks for the reply guys
I have had a think about it today and decided to save up a bit longer first, and if i do go for it i'll get the CM 1.2 I will have to start shopping around as not many places do them any more and it's the one i've always wanted anyway Only thought about the gibertini dish due to cost.
I used to have a 1.1 triax dish but didn't rate it much at all to be honest due to the backplate adjustment, but this was a very, very long time ago.
Thanks again
Alun

Back