£123.36-Archos 7 Home Tablet - Web tablet - Android 600 MHz - ROM: 8 GB - 7" colourTF

NoodlesJoe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Malta- Fleur de lys."In hoc signo vinces"
Archos 7 Home Tablet - Web tablet - Android 600 MHz - ROM: 8 GB - 7" colour TFT ( 800 x 480 ) - Wi-Fi
£104.99 ex VAT
£123.36 inc VAT
933db177.jpg

The ARCHOS 7 home tablet is the first 7" Android tablet to deliver the Internet and all the applications for your digital lifestyle whether you're lying on the couch or you're out and about, for a breakthrough price. The ARCHOS 7 home tablet sports a 7" touch screen and a slim form factor. The ARCHOS 7 home tablet is extremely portable and can be easily carried around the home. With the ARCHOS 7 home tablet, users will always be in touch with the world around them through easy access to information services such as news, weather and local business directories. The video player software provides a great movie and YouTube viewing experience. With built-in Wi-Fi, the ARCHOS 7 home tablet can easily be connected to a home network, while the built-in USB connection makes transferring files from a PC or a USB stick simple.

Product information
Detailed specs
Product Description Archos 7 Home Tablet
Dimensions (WxDxH) 20.3 cm x 1.2 cm x 10.7 cm
Weight 388 g
Processor ARM 600 MHz
Product Type Web tablet
Display 7" colour TFT - 800 x 480
Input Device Touch-screen
Battery Lithium polymer
Operating System Android
ROM 8 GB
System Requirements for PC Connection Apple MacOS, Linux, Microsoft Windows Vista / XP / 7
Wireless Connectivity IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
Supported Digital Audio Formats MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, OGG

501521: Archos 7 Home Tablet - Web tablet - Android 600 - TechDepot

Re: £123.36-Archos 7 Home Tablet - Web tablet - Android 600 MHz - ROM: 8 GB - 7" colo

I have been looking at these over the past few weeks. Mainly for watching AVIs at the gym, but also as a touch screen remote for an HTPC. However, I'm largely put off by it only having 128Mb of system RAM - my HTC hero has twice that and can run slow.

With the iPad and Dell Streak out now the Archos 7 is looking a little under powered. This may well be reflected in the price, but with Dell's 7" Looking Glass tablet expected for November and rumours of a 2nd gen iPad launching for Christmas I think I'll hold off.

Re: £123.36-Archos 7 Home Tablet - Web tablet - Android 600 MHz - ROM: 8 GB - 7" colo

... rumours of a 2nd gen iPad launching for Christmas I think I'll hold off.
Hmm, I would have expected a 2nd gen iPad to have been released with the new generation iPods and appleTV launched at the start of September...

dont get it the archos 70 will be out soon, with added android goodness - Archos 70 Android Internet Tablet (8GB) #ARCHOS-70-8GB - eXpansys UK
Nice. Looks ideal for those that want something like the Galaxy Pad, but don't want/need mobile internet. I've actually decided to wait until Andriod 3 tablets come out. As it should allow 720p screens.

OK a 7-10" screen isn't going to make the most of 720p, but it'll save me having to download the avi as well as the mkv on the off chance that I want to watch the file the gym or in my lunch hour rather than at home.

lol but android 2.2 plays mkv well at least my nexus does

You'll have a pull down to WVGA though, which can cause a loss of image quality.

I'm not sure but I think I read somewhere that the Archos was able to jailbreak the PS3, lol.

lol but android 2.2 plays mkv well at least my nexus does

Google are saying that 2.2 froyo is not optimised for tablets but 3.0 will be so i would hold off buying a tablet until 3.0 is released

edogg

Google are saying that 2.2 froyo is not optimised for tablets but 3.0 will be so i would hold off buying a tablet until 3.0 is released

edogg

not true google says its not optimised for tablets over 7 inch as 7 inch just makes it a big phone

i know this as i was looking at the archos 101 but they say theres a couple of bugs whilst the archos 70 performed perfect

what would put me off is that its an archos, company renown for locking down there hardware / software.

archos 7 how many after market plugins did you have to buy ontop to make it do the most basic things?

cant fault the hardware, but the software or limitations they impose put me well off.

Using recovery on android phone you can use it to jailbreak the ps3

Depends on the model of phone, the kernal in use and the USB controller mate, each device needs to have it's own build, there is no one-for-all hack on the Android.

Back