£120 to come off PS3 in the next few weeks

LOL I know alot of people that are going to be super pissed off if that happens!

Sony needs to stay competitive with microsoft......it cant expect to sustain a high asking price for the product otherwise it wont sell...,...

BUT as you said people will be pissed of........

No doubt it will be even cheaper by Christmas. I am sure they also want to get as many Blu Ray players out there as possible and try and win that war as well.

Man, good news but that's a kick in the teeth for all the poor peeps that paid top dollar.

I wonder if it is true though, the Blu-Ray drive alone is worth more than that!

I doubt it, they will make out at first the new technology is worth that much but the truth is they probably have marked it up by atleast 80%

they have to cover their R&D some how.....more so as the architecture is unique to say the least......where as the xbox is based on a PC..........

I don't think the 360 is based on a pc, is it?

I know original Xbox is.

Didn't something similar happen with the original Xbox? I thought they reduced the price by £100 not long after launch and gave some kind of refund to people who'd already bought it.

As Meggers points out the PS3 is Sony's weapon of choice in the HD format wars and they'll be happy to take big losses in the short term to make sure Blu-ray wins, and it seems like they are winning. MS took huge losses when it was establishing the Xbox and I see no reason why Sony will be any different, if the PS3 isn't selling an early price cut makes sense.

I doubt it, they will make out at first the new technology is worth that much but the truth is they probably have marked it up by atleast 80%

I seriously doubt that the price will be dropped by £120. $ony will be losing stacks of money already on the hardware, and making it up on the games

However if they do, I will b one of the first to buy one :)

Didn't something similar happen with the original Xbox? I thought they reduced the price by £100 not long after launch and gave some kind of refund to people who'd already bought it.

I was thinking the same thing m8,but I thought it was Nintendo and the Gamecube
?

although the ps3 seems exspensive against the 360 , its not really if u were to buy the blu ray drive on its own it would cost u around 380.00 alone , but looking graphically i cant see any difference

dont care about blueray as my personal opinion is the hd-dvd will wipe the floor with it, blueray will be always about but i think its always going to be number two as the betamax was to the vhs lol.

if this does happen,and its sony sanctioned and not at the stores descretion then they will be force to at least match what ms did with the original xbox

dont care about blueray as my personal opinion is the hd-dvd will wipe the floor with it, blueray will be always about but i think its always going to be number two as the betamax was to the vhs lol.

thats wot i wanted to say ;)

i willwait until it is under £200 there is no rush to run out and buy it

Just Wondering I This Is True And There Is A Price Drop On The Ps3 What Will Microsoft Do In Responce, As They Are Due For A Price Drop Anyway They May Just Drop It At The Same Time, Which Will Be Handy, You Cant Beat A Good Old Fashion Price War. Watch This Space.

Sorry to ruin this thread but the PS3 is not going to drop in price by £120 not until atleast 2008 check SCEA

The source that is saying it's gonna drop by £120 is probably talking about the "core" system (20 gig PS3) that will be released in the UK shortly at about £200-280.

they will drop just like everything i think sony will eventually cut there losses as i cant see many people forking out the money for ps3 when xbox360 is the thing every9ne is interested in

Back