Technomate tm 500 with old unknown password

Lovedaremagz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am probably the newest member of this community and have no technical know-how on these matters. What brought me here hoping to get assistance is a problem which I don't seem to find a solution for; Nearly two years ago I bought a technomate tm-500 receiver at a boot sale. It was pre-loaded with a lot of my favorite channels. It worked like a dream until recently when the picture disappeared although I could still have a full list of channels and can also view data of what each channel is showing at the time. I have no idea what has happened to it. I used to solve such problems by using Enigma 1 Bouquet Update accessed via the yellow button on the remote control. That function cannot bring the picture back. I tried to reset the box to factory default settings but could not do so because to my annoyance, I discovered that every major function such as accessing TuxBox Commander or use of the blue button are protected by a password. Someone advised me that I should load the new image (whatever that means) but nothing can be done due password protection. I do not know what that password is. I tried the default password of four zeros (0000) but that did not work. I have faith in you guys, please someone help me! I have noted that you guys love to use abbreviations and technical phrases, if someone has a solution for me, please simplify it to the bare basics. Thanks in advance....

Your going to need to reflash mate if tuxbox commander is not available to change the pass.

Download the latest IQ team image for your box and the Technomate Control Centre App for your pc.

1. Start TMCC with the TechnomateCenter.exe

2. Click on the serial tab.

3. Top option set the comport to the one you have your null modem cable connected to usually com1.

4. Now click the file button and select the unrared image you downloaded earlier.

5. Now in front of your TV switch the power OFF on your TM.

6. Press in and hold the UP ^ button and then turn the power back on youll see a setup screen in front of you.

7. Press the up button for serial update then the right > button and then the ok button. This will start the image upload. Wait till it confirms the process is done.

8. Now turn off the power leave it for a min and then turn it back on.

Does anyone know the default password for the tm500 super?

Back