Thread: hard time at mo

  1. #1
    VIP Member johnboymartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    man cave
    DW Cash

    hard time at mo

    at the mo i am going through bad times we lost our pip an care money an the dss put our money down to 160.00 every 3weeks to keep me an my wife an my disable girl ... at the the we trying appeal with pip they told us it can take up to 3 to 12 mouths all because it change over to pip what life now i am trying sale my car i put it on ebay

  2. #2
    VIP Member D 8 RCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Still Lost and Looking for a Better Place.
    DW Cash

    Re: hard time at mo

    Sorry to hear your problem Johnboymartin, I think you may be eligible to apply for a "Hardship Payment" and depending on your daughter's age I would think you should have no problems applying for this.
    I don't know if you receive housing benefit or help with council tax, but it would be a good idea to check if these have also been affected, if they have been affected then I suspect your local council who are now responsible for these payments will contact DWP about what they should be receiving and pester for the outcome of an appeal which should hurry things along.
    In the mean time, are there any local charities that appertain to your daughter's disability ? If so contact them and let them know what has happened, asking for charity is a hard step to make but you must swallow your pride and accept the help they will give.
    Good Luck, I hope your situation changes very soon.

  3. #3
    DW Respected Member craigneuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    DW Cash

    Re: hard time at mo

    The best thing for appeal is a welfare rights benefits officer. They will help you with appeal plus they must tell you every avenue you can go down to claim what benefits your entitled to People say go to Cab but the welfare rights people its their job and they must disclose everything

  4. #4
    VIP Member dont do it it"ll hurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    in a house
    DW Cash

    Re: hard time at mo

    phone shelter uk
    they are the best to advise you and even redirect you to a legal department ( if needed ) that will stand by you
    but as in first line phone shelter on 0300 330 1234

  5. #5

    Re: hard time at mo

    When I returned to this country from being in the states for 10 years I was told that I wasn't eligible for any benefits whatsoever because I didn't meet the criteria for a 'habitual resident'. I asked the council for housing and they offered me a tent in January. No problem. Don't get mad and cry about it, get motivated. The system is not there to nanny us, and it won't. Don't sell your car if you have nowhere to live, live in it. But the most important thing you can do is work! No matter what it is or how much it pays, it's going to pay more than what the state will give you. Don't call around all the charities and go crying to anyone who'll listen, stand up tall, put your big boy pants on and get to doing something about it! Your partner and your Daughter are depending on you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th March 2012, 10:52
  2. Hard Drive Failed Big Time
    By RS_Andy in forum PC Problems
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd August 2009, 00:18
  3. Recording time on a 60GB Hard Drive
    By Mr Parsnip in forum Dreambox Receiver Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12th February 2009, 23:26
  4. Having a hard time with switch from DBOX.
    By niteflite01 in forum Dreambox Receivers (all models)
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 8th August 2007, 20:15

User Tag List