OS multimedia audio controller

derek12345

Inactive User
Reaction score
ive just formatted my granddaughters computer and got this error ive tried to download drivers but every time I try its asking to purchase software is there any free sites out there I can get this from

thanx for looking

If it's onboard sound, and Windows hasn't automatically downloaded the correct audio driver, then Speccy might be able to help identify the motherboard model. You'd then just Google "manufacturer model number audio driver" (italic text will be the result from Speccy). 99% of the the time the top link will be the manufacturer's website. The other 1% it should at least be in the top 10 results.

If it's a proper soundcard; then you're going to have to crack open the case to remove the card so that you can check who made it and whether there is model/part number listed on it. As, even when the stickers with this info are along the top edge of the card, they're often difficult to read when installed (cables and other cards get in the way, plus it's dark in there). Also if it's a full length PCIe card, make sure that you use the release tab on the slot to prevent damage.

Googling "Creative SB0460" tells us that it's the X-Fi Xtreme Music model of SoundBlaster audio cards. The top link is to Creative's own website, specifically this support page for the SB0550 card: Creative Support Mondial >

Although that's not the exact card; it looks as though the driver pack on that page covers all X-Fi cards.

Back