Network Provider O2 or giffgaff

welsh boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm currently with 3 and the signal is rubbish in certain parts so I was thinking of going with o2 but as giffgaff uses the same network as o2 would I be better going with giffgaff as they are doing a better deal.

Im with giffgaff in glasgow and signal is fine im quite happy

Tesco use o2 as well. I get pretty decent speeds in Stockport

I was thinking of going with giffgaff as for £10 a month you get 500 uk minutes, unlimited texts, 1 Gb internet.

If you live in a main town you should be ok....I work in parts of north wales and got no signal at all with giffgaff I'm now with talktalk mobile they use vodafone network and I don't have any problems

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Changed from O2 to giffgaff a while ago, same service and signal, better deal. :Biggrin2:

Im on giffgaff 4g trail at £10.00 for the 1gb deal, speeds vary a lot, even though where I live shows as 4g the speed level is only 1.5 to 3mb but go to our sons house and its 15mb down, white rose centre in leeds 26mb each way.

Good deal and signal with giff gaff...both my boys are on it and as soon as my 02 contract is up I'm defo going on them .

i use giffgaff, great value for money.

there is a drawback for iphone/ipad users, worth mentioning.

you cannot use a giifgaff sim to create a personal hotspot.

apple does not recognise giffgaff as a carrier so it cant be used.

i think it can be done on a jailbroken device, but have no idea how to do it.. :)

I'm currently with 3 and the signal is rubbish in certain parts so I was thinking of going with o2 but as giffgaff uses the same network as o2 would I be better going with giffgaff as they are doing a better deal.

Strange as for me three is best network I have ever used..don't get a signal in my home on any other network
Really happy with three..goes to show its totally area specific as to the best network to be on...
Makes you wonder how they claim to cover 90% of the uk on most networks.

Back