wbfs manager 3.0 wont read my hdd?

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i set up my boys ext hdd ages ago via wbfs and now he has over 400 plus games on there all working fine, but today i thought id plug the hdd back into my pc and sort out all his games ie get rid of the older games which arnt used and add a load of new ones. but the problem ive got is im selecting the drive F in wbfs but it keeps coming up saying error occurred while loading drive.Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format.

i dont want to format it as i would lose all the games also the hdd is being picked up as drive f in my computer and can open it up and look around ok?

If your PC can open and read the drive, then it is not in wbfs file system format.

People get wbfs file format and wbfs file system mixed up.

Have a look in the drive and see if there is a folder called wbfs. If so, all the games (in wbfs format) are there. I personally use wii backup manager as it automatically renames/resizes files and you can select multiple games and tranfer them to another drive. You can simply delete the games you don't want using windows explorer. The same applies for copying games onto the drive, provided they do not exceed the maximum file size for fat32 system. If they do, you will have to use the program in above post or Wii Backup Manager

Hopefully it's as abu says above. If not, are you sure you didn't partition the drive up as some people kept a small FAT partition for loaders and wads etc with the rest being WBFS formatted. In which case you should have another partition in the mount drop down on WBFS Manager, probably G which can't be accessed through windows.

Fingers crossed it's a FAT32 drive with a wbfs folder ;)

Back