Autoload to USB Loader

Clinkers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

New to the Wii modding, thought this might be handy for other noobs like me.

Once modded and working correctly, you can set your Wii to boot directly to your USB Loader by editing Priiloader. I;m using Configurable USB Loader, but I think they should all be roughly the same.

1) In your Apps folder, open the folder for your USB loader
2) Copy the boot.dol file
3) Paste the file to your desktop and rename it USB Autoload.dol (to prevent it from overwriting the Priiloader.dol)
4) Copy the USB Autoload.dol to the root of your SD card
5) Insert into Wii, power on, and at the Wii system menu, press Reset to open Priiloader

* My softmod didn't work right for me, so for this step I had to load MMM from the Homebrew Channel, manage Priiloader, then run Priiloader 0.3 upwards to get to Priiloader

6) Press down to get to Load/Install and press A
7) Select your Autoload file (USB Autoload) and press A. When installed, press B to return
8) Go to settings and change Autoboot to File by pressing right
9) Still in settings, change Return To to System Menu (so if you want to get to the Wii Menu, press Home on the Wiimote)
10) Save your settings, and restart.

Your Wii should now boot directly into your USB loader.

Pressing home brings me directly to the Wii system menu, you can rerun USB Loader channel from there, or just restart the Wii to choose a different game.

No credit to me for this, thanks to Andyfuk for putting me on the right track

Hi,

New to the Wii modding, thought this might be handy for other noobs like me.

Once modded and working correctly, you can set your Wii to boot directly to your USB Loader by editing Priiloader. I;m using Configurable USB Loader, but I think they should all be roughly the same.

1) In your Apps folder, open the folder for your USB loader
2) Copy the boot.dol file
3) Paste the file to your desktop and rename it USB Autoload.dol (to prevent it from overwriting the Priiloader.dol)
4) Copy the USB Autoload.dol to the root of your SD card
5) Insert into Wii, power on, and at the Wii system menu, press Reset to open Priiloader

* My softmod didn't work right for me, so for this step I had to load MMM from the Homebrew Channel, manage Priiloader, then run Priiloader 0.3 upwards to get to Priiloader

6) Press down to get to Load/Install and press A
7) Select your Autoload file (USB Autoload) and press A. When installed, press B to return
8) Go to settings and change Autoboot to File by pressing right
9) Still in settings, change Return To to System Menu (so if you want to get to the Wii Menu, press Home on the Wiimote)
10) Save your settings, and restart.

Your Wii should now boot directly into your USB loader.

Pressing home brings me directly to the Wii system menu, you can rerun USB Loader channel from there, or just restart the Wii to choose a different game.

No credit to me for this, thanks to Andyfuk for putting me on the right track

Dont know why i cant edit my orig post, but I've got a better set up.

9) Still in settings, change Return To to Autoboot. This way, pressing Home and selecting Wii Menu reloads the USB Loader to choose a different game. To get to the system menu, power on with Reset held down to load Priiloader, and select System Menu or Homebrew from there.

Back