Softmii error on IOS downgrader

Killer_K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys, i'm hitting an error on step 11 of Softmii guide when i'm running the ISO Downgrader...when i Start i get a screen which reads:
[+] intializing ISFS subystem ... OK
[+] intializing network, please wait .... Error! (ret = -116)

i get teh Error! (ret = -116) message afyter a minute of it running.

and then it says to reboot wii.

any idea what this is? i've tried it 4 times now but no luck. also Custom WAD Manager didn't run for me so i installed cIOS249r7.wad through WAD Manager.

i have wiiconnect24 set to OFF

Last edited:
Please ignore above as i've worked out why i was having this error.....i changed my WPA wireless key a few weeks back and wii was still set to the old key...hence, was not connecting to internet....

i just hit another issue...lol

i don't see Softmii NAND Browser listed in HBC i see Softmii NAND Dumper...is that the same. i have gone into it and see the followingL

Title >> 00000001>00000002> i then see two folders Content and Data

Content has the following four files in it >> title.tmd, 0000005e.app, 0000005d.app and 0000005c.app

this is on step 12 of softmii guide.

Can anyone please help with this?

Marra - many thanx my good man for recommending softmod and for your help - its all up and running mate after spending around 2 hours on it. I just wanted to check a few things with you mate, if thats ok.

I skipped two steps from the Softmii Guide, one is mentioned above which is step 12, and the other step i missed is step 29 as it seemed optional, so what i wanted to check with you was that am i all done now. Am i fully protected against updates and etc. as well as getting bricked?

on the preloader System Menu hacks i only "Enabled" the following three options:
1) Skip disc update check
2) Remove noCopy protection
3) Move disc channel

do these look ok to you or do i need to enable anything else?

and finally how do i get back into Preloader option menu, as i think i may need to change something in Settings, when using wii i press home button then i click on Wii Menu it always now throws me out to the black screen when you turn wii on and you have to press A to proceed. In the settings there was an option called 'autoboot' and 'Return To; for both of them i selected system menu as i was watching the youtube video but i think for return to i need to change the setting.

Cheers, K

no probs mate glad your sorted, to get back into the preloader menu just hold the reset button when you power on the wii m8, have a look at the last post in this link mate LINK that will explain the systemhacks on preloader. is step 29 the themes/tweak one i cant remember if it is mate your allright skipping that step and the step you skipped earlier. tbh honest mate i only changed 1 option in preloader settings and that was the top one to boot to system menu

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one Marra...cheers man

looked at your thread and it seems we got stuck on pretty much the same things....that tutorial isn't very user friendly, is it?

nice one Marra...cheers man

looked at your thread and it seems we got stuck on pretty much the same things....that tutorial isn't very user friendly, is it?

nice one mate i find it a bit weird when i 1st did it, it seemed foreign but when i read back now at the tut it seems to make total sense lol

would u care to write another one ? :)

was planning on doing one with screenshots but as i have alreday modded it i can't get screenshots mate.

i hear or should i say i see from a number of posts here that you are pretty good with this stuff so if i write something will you reveiw the novice's work ;-)

was planning on doing one with screenshots but as i have alreday modded it i can't get screenshots mate.

i hear or should i say i see from a number of posts here that you are pretty good with this stuff so if i write something will you reveiw the novice's work ;-)

consider it done :)

i had the same problem too when i first tried to softmod my wii, but then figured out i wasn't connected to the internet, once i did, everything worked out fine.

Back