is this laptop any good?

great laptop for the money for what you get, but my personal view i would stay away from acer as iv had 1 and to be honest it was utter crap, my girlfriend still has hers and its slow as anything, bare in mind this was a couple of years ago i had mine, that has 4gb of ram so it should work well, but i for 1 will never buy another, i have a sony vaio and its the best laptop iv ever owned, and iv had a few?

dont want to put you off just giving you my opinion, maybe the 1's made today are alot better then in the last few years!

Ive had an ACER for 3 years now and its still as strong now as it was when I bought it, website is very good for manuals and updates etc. I paid £200 for mine over 3 years ago and that only had 1GB ram and a 120GB HDD, not done anything to it and its used for everything and never had any problems.

Ive had an ACER for 3 years now and its still as strong now as it was when I bought it, website is very good for manuals and updates etc. I paid £200 for mine over 3 years ago and that only had 1GB ram and a 120GB HDD, not done anything to it and its used for everything and never had any problems.
2 totally different outlooks then lol.

nothing wrong with acer, average middle of the road laptop excellent software/driver support. And often actually fixable when they go wrong lol :)

Currys doing 5%off if you type in COMP5 at checkout. Ends 16th December.
I just bought Packard Bell EasyNote TJ65-AU-031 and it retails at £429,i paid £408.
Good spec at that price with Windows 7

If you demand more from your laptop the Packard Bell EasyNote TJ65-AU-031 is for you. Powered by the dual-core Intel® Pentium® Processor T4300 & pre-loaded with Windows® 7 Home Premium
Intel Pentium Dual Core T4300
(2.1Ghz, 800Mhz, 1MB Cache)
Genuine Windows(R) 7 Home Premium
4GB Memory
320GB Hard drive
Up to 3.5 hours battery life
Webcam
Multi-gesture touchpad
Dolby Sound Room
Black colour

I think big-hol will be in the minority, but we all have different opinions. I would agree acer are very good for the price. The only thing that would put me off that Acer with Tesco is that its Vista.

thanks for the info guys, i know less than hee haw when it comes to laptops. brilliant! a big thank you and merry xmas to you all.

Back