Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: ***scam alert warn your friends***

     
  1. #11
    VIP Member nara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Glenmorangie
    Posts
    13,917
    DW Cash
    946

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    Quote Originally Posted by hixy View Post
    Do we even allow this term on here?
    Sadly, yes.


  2. #12
    VIP Member marra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The rats nest of wires behind my TV
    Posts
    4,621
    DW Cash
    233

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    Quote Originally Posted by hixy View Post
    Do we even allow this term on here?
    Quote Originally Posted by nara View Post
    Sadly, yes.
    I don't want to come across like im trying start something here and its totally off subject but I've always wondered if this is actually racist and now sounds like a good time to ask lol is it not just like calling someone Scottish a Scot or someone from Sweden a Swede? Again dont want to come across as racist but if you dont ask you wont know

  3. #13
    DW's Resident Medic Rs2k_Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    4,488
    DW Cash
    658

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    Quote Originally Posted by marra View Post
    I don't want to come across like im trying start something here and its totally off subject but I've always wondered if this is actually racist and now sounds like a good time to ask lol is it not just like calling someone Scottish a Scot or someone from Sweden a Swede? Again dont want to come across as racist but if you dont ask you wont know
    agree mate, its not racist... but is a sterotype.... either way its harmless in my eyes..

    GET OFF THE PC BAND WAGON !!
    Live like its your last day, and love like its your first

  4. #14

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    it's a general slang term aimed at all asians, so yes could be offensive. There's no way of knowing if that individual was pakistani. they could have said 'asian' in that statement and it would have read in exactly the same way.

    you couldn't mistake a scotsman from being from any other country!

    CALL DA AMBERLAMPS!

  5. #15
    DW's Resident Medic Rs2k_Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    essex
    Posts
    4,488
    DW Cash
    658

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofScience View Post
    it's a general slang term aimed at all asians, so yes could be offensive. There's no way of knowing if that individual was pakistani. they could have said 'asian' in that statement and it would have read in exactly the same way.

    you couldn't mistake a scotsman from being from any other country!
    I come across a pakistani in scotland the last time I was there.... what do you call them ? an yes they did live there, had both acents ! lol

    someone from pakistan sounds very unique... asians in general do not sound the same, so how you figure that out lol ?
    Live like its your last day, and love like its your first

  6. #16

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    surely they were scottish then!!

    CALL DA AMBERLAMPS!

  7. #17
    VIP Member marra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The rats nest of wires behind my TV
    Posts
    4,621
    DW Cash
    233

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofScience View Post
    it's a general slang term aimed at all asians, so yes could be offensive. There's no way of knowing if that individual was pakistani. they could have said 'asian' in that statement and it would have read in exactly the same way.

    you couldn't mistake a scotsman from being from any other country!
    Ahh but in that respect Swedish,Norwegians and maybe the Danish sound the same and ive never heard of a Norwegian getting upset because he was called a swede actually if im being honest ive never heard a norwegian get upset ive never met a norwegian or swede for that matter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rs2k_Rider View Post
    I come across a pakistani in scotland the last time I was there.... what do you call them ? an yes they did live there, had both acents ! lol
    And this is the same for me too, totally threw me off lol he was a rangers fan coming to watch a Wigan game if i remember right
    Last edited by marra; 15th November 2011 at 17:43.

  8. #18
    VIP Member miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Etihad Stadium
    Posts
    7,502
    DW Cash
    2,039

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    You can call me racist if you want I am just stating the facts 9 times out of 10 you can guarantee if there is a scam going on its always a foreigner of some sort that's in the middle of it. So cut the political bullshit out of the equation and lets get on with the point of interest here. How not to get scammed. Sorry rant over

  9. #19
    VIP Member marra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The rats nest of wires behind my TV
    Posts
    4,621
    DW Cash
    233

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    ***scam alert warn your friends***-206_stars-jpg

    Oooh get miggy lol

  10. #20
    VIP Member miggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Etihad Stadium
    Posts
    7,502
    DW Cash
    2,039

    Re: ***scam alert warn your friends***

    Quote Originally Posted by marra View Post
    ***scam alert warn your friends***-206_stars-jpg

    Oooh get miggy lol
    And the point of this is?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast