Dreambox 500c bootloader?

velvitjester69

Inactive User
Reaction score
I tried to flash my box using ftp,it hung and I turned it off,thinking I could just use dreamup.
The box now when you turn it on has the green light but nothing happens.

So I tried to use dreamup and I get no responce,so I think I have fucked the bootloader and will have to jtag it.

I have all the information on how to jtag but I have no 500c bootloader,all the ones online are for sat boxes.

Anyone have or know where I can get a philips tuner 500c bootloader?

Or does anyone here know how I could edit a philips sat bootfile to a cable one.
Thanks

Last edited:
I tried to flash my box using ftp,it hung and I turned it off,thinking I could just use dreamup.
The box now when you turn it on has the green light but nothing happens.

So I tried to use dreamup and I get no responce,so I think I have fucked the bootloader and will have to jtag it.

I have all the information on how to jtag but I have no 500c bootloader,all the ones online are for sat boxes.

Anyone have or know where I can get a philips tuner 500c bootloader?

Or does anyone here know how I could edit a philips sat bootfile to a cable one.
Thanks

I have a couple of 500 boot loaders but theres nothing about sat or cable just types of tuner.( PM email if you want them)

Also have you tried connecting a ethernet cable & null modem cable using dreamup? worked for me once:)

I have a couple of 500 boot loaders but theres nothing about sat or cable just types of tuner.( PM email if you want them)

Also have you tried connecting a ethernet cable & null modem cable using dreamup? worked for me once:)

Yeah I tried that aswell,ill give it another shot though.

I reckon I already have the bootloaders that you have.I have the philips ones and alps ones.

Im pretty sure they are both for sat though and these are the only ones available it seems,because of the gemini kill image was mainly sat boxes.

I have a 500 c that I got off dvb seller I cant flash it you can have tuner off that if you want

I have a 500 c that I got off dvb seller I cant flash it you can have tuner off that if you want

Cheers for the offer mate but the tuner is fine I think,Its just that the bad flash has endered the box unable to boot.

Back