dreambox locked up

bluenose50

Inactive User
Reaction score
only had my 500 a couple of days now the box has locked up wont power off remote wont respond
ive unplugged it for a hour powerd up same thing green led no picture and no response with remote or manually any ideas anyone

you'll get used to apparent deaths in the dreambox family...

Its not that the hardware is unreliable, they seem very reliable.
Its just that you'll probably be swapping images and adjusting settings etc, everytime a new option pops up somewhere on the internet.

They are almost impossible to screw up totally, get familiar with dreamup, dreambox control center (DCC) and flashwizardpro. These handy programs and a x-over serial cable (null modem) you can recover all software lockup, screw ups etc.

First thing you should do, once you have a working system, is to back it up.
Then its a piece of cake to re-flash to your last known good image.

re flashed using dreamup but still no joy box still locked up green pwr light on unable to get into standby mode or any response from remote any other suggestions please

:) Hi M8 what Images have u tried ? so u flash the image on ,then thats it box is non responsive ?
try all the latest images DW01 and DIORJ 0.6 (both new tuner)
personaly Id stick with a Enigma image,give us as much info as possible m8 and someone may have the answer
did the box ever work ?

ok reflashed using null cable can now get into menu
cant get box and pc talking using my router can i flash an image using null cable or do i have to use ethernet

are u unpluging the net when u flash or have u got it plugged into a spare card ?
I know when I plugged mine into a spare card I installed it conflicted with my router and I had to chage the IP setting on my box and ethernet card

ok reflashed using null cable can now get into menu
cant get box and pc talking using my router can i flash an image using null cable or do i have to use ethernet

I don't understand the question ?

You say you flashed with the nullmodem then you ask if it can be done ?

sorry getting totally confused now ill take 5 mins and clear my head

lol np m8 it can get a bit confusing
have u managed to get tv working on it at all ?

yeah i can get into the settings menu but when i do channel search comes back with nothing found

ok so we can presume that the Image is flashing :) is there a service/bouquet file in the downloads for ur area ? otherwise maybe u need a booster

ok up and running now
but still cant network with my pc am i right in assuming if iam using a router i only need a standard ethernet cable and not a crossover cable

yes if it going into a router a standard ethernet is fine.

in your communications setting is DHCP ticked ?

if so untick it and set them up manually.
if it is ticked (DHCP) then try the ip number it has been assigned, or post your router ip normally 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and I will post roughly what you should put in.

heres my settings from ipconfig

ip address 192.168.20.3
def gate 192.168.20.75
dns ser 192.168.20.75

u only need
IP Address
and
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
everything else blank

heres my settings from ipconfig

ip address 192.168.20.3
def gate 192.168.20.75
dns ser 192.168.20.75
set the dream to
192.168.20.100 (100 is optional you can make it 4 but I like 100 :) )
as Rat said
subnet 255.255.255.0

you never said if the dhcp was on or off on the box.

Back