error 10057 in function send...

dillon11

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all;

I have a dreambox DM500s with PLI jade 6.2.0.3 on it, nothing else yet.
My card (tvv) is running, but i get the "error 10057 in function send, socket is not connected" every time i try to log on with DCC. i tried everything, flashing the box, another img, checking my settings... you name it, i tried it.
This morning i tried it again with dreamset and i got the message that something is wrong with my internet connection.
Does anybode know what that means? everything is working fine, i have 2 computers on an edimax router and the dreambox.

Greetings

dillon11

Could be an ip conflict, or have u tried entering box ip manuall, u could also re-boot the router and DMs, this may resolve ur issue or you could try a diff. version of DCC but may not make any difference if you have same prob with the other FTP proggy, but worth a try

Hi bod;

I tried all of that allready. but thanks for the quick reply.
But tell me, in case of an IPconflict, what cann one do to resolve this?

ok bod, i tried a reboot, did not work.
dar1437, DHCP enabled? than my ip changes constantley.

On the DCC screen, is the connection green for the router? If so, go into the network settings for the Dreambox and whatever IP the dhcp has put in the slot, type into the middle box on DCC and hit reconnect.

The connection for the router is green, but no luck with reconnect.
I tried to let it search untherneath the box, but the ip of the box was not shown in the window, only the router.

when your connecting the ethernet cable to the box while switched on, under the heat grill you should see inside a new light which will come on to say the ethernets connected, if not then you could have a dodgy ethernet port on box!

For dar1437; yes, i got it right, this problem didn't came at once, it came graduatley, first only ones in a week, than after a half year it was every day when i tried to log in to the dreambox and now i can't get in at all.
For bod; that is the best tutorial i've ever seen, i wish i had seen it 4 years ago, but this is with a swich, not a router, i have an edimax router and he works fine.
For Big-hole: I have looked into that and yes, the lights in the box are lighting up when i put the internet cable in the box.
Sorry guys, but i think it goes deeper than that, when you all have more ideas, i'd like to hear them.

Thanks to all so far.

Greets dillon

it can only be your settings are not configured properly, theres an option in dcc to change it to a switch/hub. is it picking up the right ip for your computer, aswell as the dreambox, are you able to download things from the menu, i.e cccam or any games.

to Big-hole: yes i can download stuff like games or an settings list, sometimes i have to do it twice, but i'll manage to get it downloaded.

To dar 1437: is it wise to display my ip-adres here?

Last edited:
192.168.2.102. that's what's installed in everything. DCC, Gbox share control etc.

192.168.2.102. that's what's installed in everything. DCC, Gbox share control etc.

The 102 seems a little high for the dhcp allocation, out of curiousity what is the Local address for The PC and Default Gateway?

Back