Astra horn not working?

snapman

VIP Member
Staff member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate's just texted me saying his horn no longer works on his astra, had the same problem years ago and was fixed due to a common fault, which I got fixed due to a recall, but my mate bought this astra only months ago, so the dealer said his car wasn't in the recall list, which I'm sure it would've been under the previous owner.

Think it was something to do with a circlip in the steering wheel. It's an 08 reg astra.

Any help will be greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

snapman :)

My mate's just texted me saying his horn no longer works on his astra, had the same problem years ago and was fixed due to a common fault, which I got fixed due to a recall, but my mate bought this astra only months ago, so the dealer said his car wasn't in the recall list, which I'm sure it would've been under the previous owner.

Think it was something to do with a circlip in the steering wheel. It's an 08 reg astra.

Any help will be greatfully accepted.

Thanks in advance,

snapman :)
its now covered upto 6 years as its a deliverabitly fault , l sold my astra h to a lad at work it was on a 04 plate and they did it last year for free at lookers in birmingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/04/horn_doesnt_warn.html

Last edited:
l'll send u the reg m8 ,.. l would ring lookers starcity branch and quote his reg , if they agree l would phone one local again and play them off with each other

well i had mine called back last year ... but the horn works randomly again ! pile of crap !
mine is 2008 astra 1.7 diesel .
At one point when i pressed my horn it turned my radio up !! wtf ? lol
Other than that , i have been through 3 suspension coils .. 2 cam belts...some valve keeps sticking causing the red engine light to come on and the car goes into limp mode for a few minutes. ( does this often on mway)/
good job its a company car ffs lol , i have done 120k miles in it from new with regular servicing so its not too bad.

I know a bloke that works in the Astra factory in ellesmere port, it's a wonder that it's only the horn and not the whole steering wheel that's faulty.

I had a letter of recall through the post over this and it was booked in to Vauxhall and quickly repaired. You should be in your rights to get yours fixed for free it is a manufacturing fault that could be hazardous. In the link I have provided there is a phone number or phone your nearest vauxhall dealer.Make sure you have your car details at hand and get it sorted for free do not let them fob you off. Good Luck.

BBC - Watchdog: The horn that doesn't warn?

Its a MOT failure so would get it sorted, ask him to check fuses and relays might be real simple fix. Other wise just kick up fuss at a dealership someone will sort it.

Thanks for the replies. With the info, my mate got his car sorted free of charge. Some garages really chance their arm, don't they?

Original post quote: "...so the dealer said his car wasn't in the recall list" :Angryfire

Thanks for the replies. With the info, my mate got his car sorted free of charge. Some garages really chance their arm, don't they?

Original post quote: "...so the dealer said his car wasn't in the recall list" :Angryfire

I was going to say if none of the suggestions work, then simple fix.......... Open the window and shout "get out of the fluffing way!"

Back