Thread: open tray b*llocks

Forum: Xbox 360 Forums

my mate gave me his console just before christmas and said he was getting an open tray fault. i ordered a recon drive off fleabay with a years ticket(benq vad 6038) and fitted it on christmas eve (swapping over the pcb from the old drive). i get a phone tonight saying hes getting the same fault with the recon drive. My questions are. is this type of drive prone to that type of fault.? is it possible the console is at fault or the pcb i swapped over from the old drive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: open tray b*llocks

i doubt its the solder joints as soldering is part of my job lol. i hope not anyway, not got hold of the console yet.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: open tray b*llocks

contacted the seller on fleebay, there going to send me another one out, they only asked me if i had flashed it, which i declined to comment on, only saying that it had worked for 2 weeks, they havent asked for the faulty one back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List