Thread: n00b with a jtag'ed - no hard drive found - XeXmenu

Forum: Xbox 360 Forums

yeah complete n00b here like, got an external 1TB usb drive that i just plugged into the 360 and it says "no devices found" tried formatting it on a comp but only get NTFS options and not fat32. How the hell do you get to the XeX menu as well? after a profile has been created? but need a storage device 1st if that's the case? or am i barking up the wrong tree guess i need a hard drive attached to it 1st to get the XeX menu working....day'um haven't got one as well...lol sold about a

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

n00b with a jtag'ed - no hard drive found - XeXmenu

yeah complete n00b here like, got an external 1TB usb drive that i just plugged into the 360 and it says "no devices found" tried formatting it on a comp but only get NTFS options and not fat32.

How the hell do you get to the XeX menu as well? after a profile has been created? but need a storage device 1st if that's the case? or am i barking up the wrong tree

guess i need a hard drive attached to it 1st to get the XeX menu working....day'um haven't got one as well...lol sold about a million in the past as well!

ok think i'm just trying to jump in at the deep end....i have seen the following so assume that i will have to do it to get the menu up after installed a hard drive,....missing out stage 3 for now as 1st time install?

1) Extract XeXMenu_v1.0-LIVE.rar to "XeXMenu_v1.0-LIVE" folder on a usb stick
    2) Extract XeXMenu_v1.0-XEX.rar to "XeXMenu_v1.0-XEX" folder on your usb stick
    3) run the old XeXloader from your hard drive
    4) navigate to the "XeXMenu_v1.0-XEX" folder on your usb stick and run the default.xex
    5) using this program, navigate to /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00080000/ and delete the file
    6) navigate to the "XeXMenu_v1.0-LIVE" folder on a usb stick, click copy the file
    7) go back to the folder /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00080000/ and paste
    8) quit back to dash and it will all be done for you

Last edited by dibbers; 2nd February 2010 at 21:18.
    For every event that occurs,there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the 1st, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skilful or un-skilful.

DW Honored Member Midnight Tboy's Avatar
    DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: n00b with a jtag'ed - no hard drive found - XeXmenu

Are you using the 1tb drive as a usb drive? usb drives can't be formatted (as far as I know anyway) on the 360.

Use a disk manager (I used EASEUS Partition Master), which allows you to format the drive to FAT32 (takes moments too unlike windows format which can take hours)

Do you have a regular 2.5" 360 hdd for the xbox? As in to go in the side port?

You can run xexmenu by either copying the relevant files to that HDD, or Memory Unit, or alternatively burn the Xexmenu to cd and launch from CD. I personally launched from CD to begin with to test, and then used xexmenu from the cd to allow me to copy the files to the main 360 hdd

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and don't forget to use XEXMenu 1.1...a lot better than the 1.0 and doesn't cook the 360 with cpu usage

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just to summarise......if memory serves me right

1. Format USB HDD in PC to FAT32.
    2. Copy any files you may need to transfer to that disc too to save time later. (Including an extracted Xexmenu 1.1 Live)
    3. Burn Xexmenu CD.
    4. Boot off CD in 360
    5. In Xexmenu navigate to navigate to /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/
    6. Copy the contents of the XEXMenu Live rar to that folder.....so in effect you'll have a file called C0DE99990F586558 in /Hdd1/Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00080000/
    7. Reboot 360 and you should now see the XexMenu in your game demos section.

Hope I haven't missed anything out

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope all out of hard drives for the 360 i'm afraid....So if the external is formatted to fat32 and i copy over the files xexmenu to a USB pen drive or burn i'll be able to run it and install it? (of course once i get a xbox 360 hard drive? if i'm following correctly ?)

Edit : i so i can install it to the USB 1TB - but would it be better to get a 360 hard drive?

i'm glad the title of this forum is n00bs, count me in on this one...
    For every event that occurs,there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the 1st, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skilful or un-skilful.

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

use this

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/1690118-post11.html

what a great program and i mean it :-)
    likes to sell his stuff

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ok formatted the USB drive as FAT32 thanks for the programs very useful, and have downloaded XeXMenu_v1.1-ISO and i'm burning it to cd now.....

Do i need XeXLoader 0.26 - LIVE.rar as well....or just go ahead and burn the XeXmenu and follow your instructions....

Sorry been at this like all night and jumped straight in like..

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can only get the xexmenu working on a memory stick ie an xbox one or the hard drive i believe
    likes to sell his stuff

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i need a hard drive for the 360 then?

but i've seen vids with no hard drive installed is that after the intial set up when it can be removed?

DW Cash
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm no sure tbh i read a few forums that says it must be either like a 256mem

maybe they ones have the internal memory ie the newer ones

likes to sell his stuff

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast