1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    118
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Cross epg issues on vu solo

    Hello guys im having few problems with crossepg im using vu+ solo original with vix 3.0 build 574

    ive set for crossepg to update every 4am to usb stick of course when i go to sleep i put box into standby mode when i wake up i press STB button on remote LED light on the box doesn't change from red to green i have to keep switching off from the maines for the box to work is there any problems with crossepg

    Thanks



  2. #2
    sispurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London Calling
    Posts
    63
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    Quote Originally Posted by john1986 View Post
    Hello guys im having few problems with crossepg im using vu+ solo original with vix 3.0 build 574

    ive set for crossepg to update every 4am to usb stick of course when i go to sleep i put box into standby mode when i wake up i press STB button on remote LED light on the box doesn't change from red to green i have to keep switching off from the maines for the box to work is there any problems with crossepg

    Thanks
    The first thing I would check is the crossepg configuration as I had problems with it reverting from usb back to internal flash. This may cause the box to not start

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34
    DW Cash
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    21
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    Quote Originally Posted by sispurs View Post
    The first thing I would check is the crossepg configuration as I had problems with it reverting from usb back to internal flash. This may cause the box to not start
    cross epg keeps reverting to internal flash

    Is there a slution for this problem? Crossepg installed, and setup for usb. Download fine, but after that only internal flash option appears and when press device manager, the crash screen comes. Any idea for this???

  4. #4
    sispurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London Calling
    Posts
    63
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    12
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    Quote Originally Posted by frank087234 View Post
    cross epg keeps reverting to internal flash

    Is there a slution for this problem? Crossepg installed, and setup for usb. Download fine, but after that only internal flash option appears and when press device manager, the crash screen comes. Any idea for this???
    Have a look at this thread
    http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/28496...-internal.html
    It worked for me

  5. #5
    johnny bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    DW Cash
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    52
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    its a common issue with blackhole images..i had it on vu+duo. vu+solo and vu+uno...the only soulution i have found was to install the blackpole image or the very latest black hole images v2.0.1...been working fine on my vU+duo and uno both original boxes with latest blackhole images v2.0.1...sometimes different usb sticks work better then others...or i just let the epg download to the hard disks installed at around 4am every morning...working flawlesly so far...never reverted back to internal flash yet..hope that helps..
    Last edited by johnny bravo; 15th April 2013 at 23:17.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34
    DW Cash
    28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    21
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    Quote Originally Posted by johnny bravo View Post
    its a common issue with blackhole images..i had it on vu+duo. vu+solo and vu+uno...the only soulution i have found was to install the blackpole image or the very latest black hole images v2.0.1...been working fine on my vU+duo and uno both original boxes with latest blackhole images v2.0.1...sometimes different usb sticks work better then others...or i just let the epg download to the hard disks installed at around 4am every morning...working flawlesly so far...never reverted back to internal flash yet..hope that helps..
    r u saying i should use HDD and not usb as storage device?? will that solve problem of reverting to internal flash?? I try avoid using hdd as i do not want it running all time

  7. #7
    johnny bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    DW Cash
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    52
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    it has worked for some people and not others, for me it didnt work whether i choose hard drive or usb stick...it just kept reverting back to internal flash after a few days... i solved this problem by using the latest bh2.0.1 image on my uno and duo...hasnt reverted back once yet...i use the usb stick for picons only...and hard driv for epg download....set at 4am every morning...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    Interesting, I am getting issues now with my Vu+ Duo. It seems to be saying that it is downloading, but here is no EPG on my box..

    Any ideas??

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    DW Cash
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    oops, sorry, should have read the whole thread, I will try putting it on my HDD rather than USB..

    Sorry

  10. #10
    johnny bravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,718
    DW Cash
    94
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    52
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: Cross epg issues on vu solo

    you can set it to download epg onto usb stick..just makes sure its mounted and select it from thr option to store onto usb..



Similar Threads

  1. Difference between a V2 solo and a V3 solo Clone
    By benmeade in forum VU+ Solo2 Receivers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd January 2013, 22:19
  2. Cross EPG
    By Bally12345 in forum VU+ Duo Receivers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th July 2012, 19:00
  3. help cross over cable
    By Manny in forum DBOX DBOX2 Receivers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th April 2008, 13:44
  4. The Big Red Cross
    By telsave in forum PC Problems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th October 2006, 02:30
  5. red cross help
    By chris1975 in forum PC Problems
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th January 2005, 11:24

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in