How many streams/tv/mobile at same time

jamescraig81

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,

just wondering how many channels can be streamed, over home network, can be accessed at once if i had the 4 tuners?

It would be great if I could have a couple of PC's and ipad and TV working away at the same time but mabye im asking too much.
Two pc's and a recording would be just fine ha

I've searched and searched and considering the lack of discussions about this.. I'm starting to think its a pc stream & a tv channel, regardless of the number of extra tuners.

Bit of a let down if so..

Hi All

Does anybody know if you can stream on both the wired LAN and built in WIFI simultaneously on the VU+ DUO2, just bought one with 3 sat tuners fitted and I am well chuffed with it so far, tried recording 6 HD channels together with no problems - Awesome!!

Hi All

Does anybody know if you can stream on both the wired LAN and built in WIFI simultaneously on the VU+ DUO2, just bought one with 3 sat tuners fitted and I am well chuffed with it so far, tried recording 6 HD channels together with no problems - Awesome!!

Hi mate, did you try this?

I cant see their being a problem because ones WLAN and other is LAN as the data would be transmitted through your router either way.
Id say the WLAN would probably be less reliable as LAN can handle higher data transfer rates?

Surely just need the box's ip address to access the web interface or in the case of ipad/iphone need to use the vu app.

Id be interested to see if you can get this working, with each tuner on different channel(& transponder) on a different device TV/PC/Laptop or ipad - its what i'm looking for

how can you have lan and wifi connect and working at the same time

how can you have lan and wifi connect and working at the same time

I know lan and wifi from the box doesnt work, data passes through the router.. but from the router to other devices wifi and lan can be used.

I was asking if its possible to use different tuners through the home network and on the box - at same time.

Something like..

Tuner a - PC (XBMC?)
Tuner b - PC 2 (openwebif?)
Tuner c - Watch TV
Tuner d - Record TV

With devices viewing channels on different transponders - which would have to be to use separate tuners anyway.

If someone could confirm this either way or has seen this discussed before, on another forum maybe, then id be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

I know lan and wifi from the box doesnt work, data passes through the router.. but from the router to other devices wifi and lan can be used.

I was asking if its possible to use different tuners through the home network and on the box - at same time.

Something like..

Tuner a - PC (XBMC?)
Tuner c - Watch TV
Tuner d - Record TV

With devices viewing channels on different transponders - which would have to be to use separate tuners anyway.

If someone could confirm this either way or has seen this discussed before, on another forum maybe, then id be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Jamescraig81

on my VU+ DUO2 You can only stream the recordings from the internal hard drive through the Transcoding function to your lan or router connected devices.

To stream from a tuner it looks like you have to use your hard drive as a kind of time shift buffer, going to have a play with mine today wil let you know what the outcome is later.

BOBBY123

What I was trying to find out as my VU+ DUO2 is connected to the house router via LAN cable, I wanted to know if you could use the VU boxes internal WIFI to connect to a device directly so you have two separate connections.

Something like..

Tuner a - PC (XBMC?)
Tuner c - Watch TV
Tuner d - Record TV

Jamescraig81

on my VU+ DUO2 You can only stream the recordings from the internal hard drive through the Transcoding function to your lan or router connected devices.

To stream from a tuner it looks like you have to use your hard drive as a kind of time shift buffer, going to have a play with mine today wil let you know what the outcome is later.

BOBBY123

What I was trying to find out as my VU+ DUO2 is connected to the house router via LAN cable, I wanted to know if you could use the VU boxes internal WIFI to connect to a device directly so you have two separate connections.

How did you get on any luck? can we watch different channel in every room? haha

My box is away for repair atm so cant test anything.. but I have streamed to pc using openwebif plugin (type vu+ ip address into url) and on iphone using VU player app - the trouble I was having was getting the HDD movies to play through these actually.. so the hdd records the tuner then sends the recording to device?
I used to have a dm800se and i am sure I could watch a channel on the same transponder as the TV, without hdd/usb mounted.. Could be wrong, maybe I did have usb mounted.

James

Back