VU+ Duo epg

toppo

Inactive User
Reaction score
what is the best epg to use with the duo,i am on bh image and is there a 7 day one,thanks

what is the best epg to use with the duo,i am on bh image and is there a 7 day one,thanks

Blackhole has EPG built into image.
this is a rough guild.

on remote Press Blue then Red.
Press Red set up storage path
If you are using internal memory to store the epg change the path to /media/cf/epg.dat
If you are using hard drive to store the epg change the path to /hdd/epg.dat
If you are using USB drive to store the epg change the path to /media/usb/epg.dat
Select Rytec-SKYUK press OK
Press Red/Settings and Enable Automatic EPG Refresh and set a time for this action.
Press Yellow/Download now.
EPG will now be loaded and saved.

If at anytime you notice you have lost your epg, restore by using the EPG Backup.
Press Menu then BlackHole EPG Backup

Last edited:
thanks all but is there one to show whats on all day (like sly)and not whats on now and next program,would i have to have vix image to get this

cross epg open tv uk 28.2,where do i find this

cross epg open tv uk 28.2,where do i find this

Start Crossepg and youll see the OpenTV provider section, highlight press ok select from 28.2 or 28.4 to match your channel settings press ok and then the yellow button to download.

sorry i miss a bit on setting up epg,still getting what on now and next,

sorry i miss a bit on setting up epg,still getting what on now and next,

you need to configure crossepg.you need to set a button on remote say red to open epg that gives 7 days if updated

do you have coolmans tv guild installed.??if not get it from plugin downloads

1. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
2. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
3. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. Select configure and press OK.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
10. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
12. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
14. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated

in the coolmans tvguild configure open it from plugin menu and use red-green-yellow to move through menus..LOOK FOR DO YOU WANT RED BUTTON TO LAUNCH CROSSEPG MULTI GUILD YES SAVE-EXIT.red button will now open epg.

thanks atj for the info,i have did this and it has (starting downloader at the bottem of the screen)how long does it take to complete,i can't turn over to another channel,is this right

thanks atj for the info,i have did this and it has (starting downloader at the bottem of the screen)how long does it take to complete,i can't turn over to another channel,is this right

should only take up to a minute max to download and install data....Thats why most folks have the download set to say 05.00 in the morning.
but its no big deal i have mine set to 18:00 but mine for some reason updates in the background

That was one of the features added to CrossEPG by the open alliance group Andy Blanc in this case.

only does it on solo 2 images for me on other boxes it black screens while doing its stuff

only does it on solo 2 images for me on other boxes it black screens while doing its stuff

on a dual tuner box with both tuners correctly setup CrossEPG 0.7.4 ( as updated by andy black of the OE-Alliance ) will use a free tuner to download it's updates same as with ABM. on a single tuner box or any with a single feed the screen will go black for about 1 minute while it takes over the tuner to download it's updates.

got cool tv guide up & running,good job & thanks all

Re post #9 by AJT, step 12.
Is there any info anywhere on what satellite each provider covers or do I just need to select ones in English?

Re post #9 by AJT, step 12.
Is there any info anywhere on what satellite each provider covers or do I just need to select ones in English?

you select what ever one you want..depending basically where you are or what sat alignment you have.. unless its a motorised dish and can receive other satellites .for the uk select sky 28.2e open as per step 12.if you have a motorised dish then look up what other channels other satellites provide.

It's a motorised system so I am not sure which providers cover which satellites, they are mostly just listed by language.

It's a motorised system so I am not sure which providers cover which satellites, they are mostly just listed by language.

No they are listed by satellites and then by channels.
I don't have a moving dish im fixed at 28.2E
you need to find out what satellites you want to use and see what channels that satellite provides.
28.2e is almost all English channels via the sky platform so i dont need anything else i get everything i want.
start by working out what channels you want to watch..where you are in the world etc is a key factor and what satellites you can actually pick up.If your in the UK stick with 28.2E
you need to make sure you tuner settings are correct for you to do this and channel lists are installed.
Its difficult to give accurate advice without knowing what country your in..what your preferred language is and channels you want to watch.

have a look here.Europe, Africa & Middle East - LyngSat

Last edited:
Back