What Freesat Boxes are Members using and How Do they Rate Them

Hebridean

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Freesat HD Recorder and would love to hear what Freesat boxes members are using and to hear of any problems they have had with them.

Thanks,

Humax HDR is a great freesat stb and you can access hidden menus for adding other sats including usals for motorised dish.

I decided to take the plunge and have just bought a Humax HDR-1000S 1tb - really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Pete

I've never had one, but I've installed a few for customers. Looks & feels good, and owners seem to like them. Humax have been around for ever so they know their stuff. Let us know how you get on with it.....

Humax hdr is a fine freesat/fta receiver. To access the hidden menus, press menu, then setup, then on setup screen just hit the coloured buttons on the remore in the following order - red, green, yellow, blue, green, yellow and finally blue. Your in! Should you wish to get more than fta then a diablo wifi cam will i think do the trick. I've been thinking about trying the diablo cam but i keep stalling on price, its over a 1er with the progamming interface, etc. Afaik no one has tried this. Humax allegedly supply very good tuners. The build quality of the hdr is very good.

i bought a complete ross kit from b & q for £50 hd 720p/1080i ,plug in usb flash or hdd to record,simple & cheap starter ,used for 2 yrs with no problems,now looking at f3 skybox

the kit was £10 cheaper than the stb on its own so got another kit for upstairs & sold the dish & cable,box has loop though

Last edited by a moderator:
My Echostar 600 is doing good service - couple of years old now and I use it with a Sling catcher as well. Only gripe is it seems to need a bit of coaxing after an OTA software update. The recording is as easy to use as Sky plus and in some ways seems better at recognizing when a series starts again and restarting the series link.

I use the Humax Freetime HDR-1000S 1tb receiver has catchup TV Twin Satellite Tuner And There is a 2TB comming Soon.

Hi
I habe bene using a Vu Duo mini with OPENpli great system

I have been using a Arviva 250 before the Duo, didnt like the menus in this unit.

Blade 5000 seems responsive and has no problem finding channels. have not ha it for long though.

Can a deambox DM800 scan freesat or freesat HD? I've just got a typical dish connected.

Vu Solo 2 & UK Sky+ HD box. Vu for flexibility & community support. Sky for those who want TV as simply as possible.

You can do pretty much anything on the Vu Models, including streaming content back to phones / tablets & the CS stuff.

Can a deambox DM800 scan freesat or freesat HD? I've just got a typical dish connected.
It can scan it but you'll likely find the EPG has a load of stuff you don't want in it if you autodownload bouquets.. I've been going through with dreamboxEdit deleting extra bits that are only Sky related.

It can scan it but you'll likely find the EPG has a load of stuff you don't want in it if you autodownload bouquets.. I've been going through with dreamboxEdit deleting extra bits that are only Sky related.

you can hide any section that you don't use with the built in autoboquet maker.
I use freesat with my sat tuner and only use a couple of the bouqets.

free hd and free kids tv i think..

I'm using a vu solo4k, sat and cable tuners, free sat and virgin..best of both worlds

Back