xml and installation help?

forest1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i have just installed a motorised system at my sisters house while sanning satellites starting with THor 0.8 west followed by Hotbird/ Astra 19/ sky28 all fine great signal strength i decided to do all other sats , i found 23 east, and 16 east and 7 east no problem, but Sirius on 4.8 can i find it NO frustrating or what , i have never had this problem before so i checked the xml file and all the transponders are wrong for that satellite, could that be the problem?

When i try to find it i keep getting Thor as some channels are the same, is there anything i might be missing , i have tried single transponders etc and nothing. also when scanning not all channels came down on sky i have NO itv2,3,4 hd when i type in transponder its says no channels found? help please

You need a more upto date satellite.xml file

Loaded new xml and new image still the same so maybe i am thinking of trying to reline the dish again it doesn't seem to be picking up all transponders

still nothing on sirius.

Thor stongest single 89% weakest 70%
Sirius: nothing at all?
Digiturk: strong 80% weakest 66% loads of channels missiing even though transponders are there
Hotbird: strongest 89% weakest 67% as above
Digitalba 16 east: most ok
Astra 19: cant's get most of sky german yet transponders are there
Dutch 23: half channels missing, as above
Sky UK: weakest 66% can't get itv2,3,4 hd plus other no discovery channels yet strongest signal is 88%

Whats going on, help please does any one know what the Motor setting and dish setting in Northants is ?

You can go to dishpointer.com. You can move the positioner to your house and it will give you the latitude and logitude.

Back