what the feck ?

damage

Inactive User
Reaction score
as some of you know i am not unable to run this game on my system after a major system crash but had it running before the crash so assumed the reason that it would not run was either i had installed direct 9 or some other type of software conflict or incorrect drivers so installed all the very latest drivers which made no differance. so last night i done a clean install on my second hard drive of windoze98se installed all original card board drivers and directx 8.1 and set up a internet connection so by doing this i should have my system back to exactly how i had it when the game did run on this system except there is no other sofware running on the drive which could conflict with the game . installed medal of honor a/s and b/through copyed the no cd crack over to the moh program files booted from the second drive then tried to run the game and FECKING GREY SCREEN lol why the feck won't this run its just a personal challange to get it running now but anyone got any ideas no matter how mad they may sound willing to give anything a try but think i have tried most everything was sure it was directx 9 but the game was running with directx 9 before but even now i have directx 8.1 it still don't want to know it could be down to corrupt disks but don't think so as it install's fine no errors i can go into the video in the program files and play them with windows media player it may have something to do with the bios or cmos settings but i have made no changes in there the vid card is a tnt 64 and have tried 3 differant sets of drivers one's of the supplyed disk that came with the card a later update and the very latest the card has no problems running s/savers fmv etc etc and no irq confiicts reported and it run the game fine before useing the original drivers ...

have you looked at the directx set up m8 somtimes you need to enable open gl .....bloody thing pain in the arse lol

and what is the spec of you comp your running it on plz

hi m8 its a 900 amd tbird 98se and tnt2 64 vid card tested direct draw and direct 3d thats fine not able to find any option for enable open gl as i think this is likely where the problem is i have opengl dll in my system folders and program files but no mention of it in directx

i had the open GL problem when i had a problem with my screen settings (could not get it above 4bit lmao)

so i done a last known good on XP for that driver and it re-installed the old one... (i know you cant do this but) but when it installed the old driver it had no open GL support, i thought what the hell it was working the other day ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? <---- thats how i felt puzzled.

so i tried a windows update it updated me drivers and still no bloody open GL ??????????? <--- again puzzled.

went to the matrox graphic card site and looked and found a newer driver to waht was on Microsoft Update :) installed and all working sweet

look for a newer driver or search google for your graphic name and no openGL support might find a forum or site with this info maybe ???

open gl error on moh is latest direct x or latest video driver.thats all it is
i getthat every time i format when i run moh then i d/load latest video drivers and it is fixed

well we can but try things go here
[DLMURL]http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/enterprise_download/gld_win_download.php[/DLMURL]
its only a demo but worth a try.

flash :)

Last edited:
madbomber said:
open gl error on moh is latest direct x or latest video driver.thats all it is
i getthat every time i format when i run moh then i d/load latest video drivers and it is fixed
i have tried the latest drives for my vid card with direct 8 and direct 9 i have just been to a forum that they agreed that the detonator 6.34 were better than any other new or old drivers for my card but still grey screen tried the very latest drivers from nvidia own website still grey screen lol i don't get any reported errors just get the consol load up then kicks into the grey screen with the mouse pointer displayed

as Mad Bomber Damage m8,

after format mine wont work until I update my Radeon Drivers,

an still uing Direct 8 x

Scoot :)

flashgordy31 said:
well we can but try things go here
[DLMURL]http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/enterprise_download/gld_win_download.php[/DLMURL]
its only a demo but worth a try.

flash :)
thx m8 downloaded it and it detects my card and v/ of direct x but guess what still a fecking grey screen but the intresting thing is in the download there is about 10 open gl demos and everyone works so it seems that its not a driver opengl or directx problem so lost as to what the feck it could be i have some very demading screensaver and they run normally

Last edited by a moderator:
ok m8 will keep looking, i have been reading a few different forums about the card you have and it seems that alot of people have had problems with that card. but im sure the answer is still out there to be found.

flash:)

lol i have been looking for about a week find threads about the same problem but there never seems to be a single answer or the answers run out of options before the problems gets resolved i had the game running on this system foe weeks then had a major crash restored my system and reinstalled the game it worked the first time i used it as i played on line for about 2 hours but the next day it would not open or run and have not been able to open it again so it did run useing the old drivers same card same op system and directx9 beging to think its something in the bios or iffy disk but as it run when i first installed doubt if its the disks

i think so m8 it run the game before my crash nothing has changed apart from my system was backed up 7 months ago before i installed the game and i reformatted the drive and recovered from my other drive 7 gig of data includeing the op/system so my system was fully restored to how it was exactly around 7 months ago so i only lost 7 months of shite so basicly the system was the same as it now as it was when i first installed the game and it worked but as it did not work i have since installed new mainboard drivers new vid card drivers and directx 9 i updated to directx 9 when i installed the game and was working so i know that directx9 will run the game on my system with my card and op/system but to make sure i booted off my other hard drive which has directx8 installed and tried useing all the original drivers installed the game and it run the first time i opened it but the same as on this harddrive it would never open again so i updated all the driver's on my second hard drive one at a time to test if it would run but it will not open the consol screen opens saying what its loading but its to quick to read the last entry on the consol as it jumps stright into the grey screen hope that all makes sence lol

did you run the config in the program folder to get it to see your card

I rembember young revs having the same prob with the Counterstrike config file before he downed it

he had exactly the same probs youre havin,

but to be fair everythin should be ok as per on disc

Scoot :)

yes m8 finds it and says its a opengl card the extra opengl dll is one i copyed there from my sys files but tried it with it there or without

have you your agp set right in the bios.it runs great with a tnt..have you tried putting spearhead on then breakthrough might help

i have changed the bios several times with no luck but would be intested in what other peoples bios is set at i have done countless installs with and without spearhead i can not even run alied assult on its own useing the no cd patch for alied assult just get the consol and grey screen on that

Back