'upgrade'' to Amiko A 2 from Openbox10?

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am considering 'upgrading' from my s10 to a dual tuner. I am on a budget so I am considering the Amiko Alien 2, or, possible, the Golden Media Spark.
Just wondering what to expect from either. Main questions:
Is PVR functionality good? (It's effectively non-existent on the s10)
What's the EPG like?
How user-friendly/how 'easy' to set up?

Many thanks!
cdy

Alien and Golden media are the same box internally and images are inter changeable.

PVR and timeshift work good using enigma2 software

7 day EPG using crossepg

E2 is not the for the faint hearted but once you know what you are doing its easy enough

I have 3 now and would look back.

Spark is more novice orinated (no offence), and echo eon, E2 can need a learning curve, but when good, WOW.

Search for cooltv on the Alien 2, and you will see how good the EPG visually looks.

Spark is more novice orinated (no offence), and echo eon, E2 can need a learning curve, but when good, WOW.

Search for cooltv on the Alien 2, and you will see how good the EPG visually looks.

Given that I have no idea what most of that means ('Spark', 'E2' etc) it's pretty fair to state that I'm a novice.

Given that I have no idea what most of that means ('Spark', 'E2' etc) it's pretty fair to state that I'm a novice.

I know what you mean, it was a steep learning curve when I started a few years ago.

The Alien 2 has 2 built in operating systems, working with Linux.

Spark - Is very close to being like a manufacturers stock released system, nearly everything can be done from menu's and plugins, very stable.

Enigma 2- Loads of flavours with E2 dependant on who's image you go with, stacks of development and improvements give a lot of playability but this can sometimes have stability as a side-effect. E2 does need some skills with FTP and sometimes Putty, but all good to learn.

Both the above are easy to swap between (button presses on boot up).

Hope it helps...

Back