tomtom one clarifications

Gooner

Inactive User
Reaction score
right guys i am gonna buy tomtom one in next few days but just want to clarify few things to make sure i have made the right choice for me...

the main purpose i am buying is speedcam options and navigation lol

when i read on pocketgps.com...its said i need to have power cable plugged in when insatlling speed cam files into the map root folder..do i really need a mains charger as it doesnt come with equipment

second do i still need my phone to be connected through GPRS connection to make the speedcams work.......and if you lot have any other recomendations let me know its never too late....

i personally like the tomtom visuals...

Thankyou :Cheers: :Cheers:

OK to answer your questions:

1) It's advised by ToMTom that you have the TomTom device plugged in to a power source as losing power when transferring files can cause corruption... saying that, I do not have a mains charger for the unit and have never had it plugged in when doing file transfers and I have been fine. (just backup everything before changing anything and you'll be fine)

2) No, you do not need to have a GPRS connection for the speed cameras to work. The ones from GPSPocketWorld are basically database files that contain the locations of the cameras that are updated monthly (roughly)

The bluetooth GPRS Connection that you can use with the unit is mainly used for the traffic option that gives LIVE information on traffic jams etc.. but I think there are other things you can use a TomTom ONE and a bluetooth mobile phone with a GRPS connection for.. I just haven't bothered using it as I too just use it for Navigation and Speed Camera announcements.

cheers timbo..well thats cleared the things up..
i reckon time to get one...:)

£199 from PC World at the mo...

but I saw some (think they had 6 left) for £179.99 at an argos clearence warehouse yesterday..

Back