TM5402HD Sound problem

abbas emmi

Reaction score
I have been experiencing a strange problem with my new TM5402HD receiver.

Certain channels ( no matter HD or SD ) are giving reasonably loud volume whereas some certain channels ( again no matter HD or SD, mixed of both ) are extremely low on volume. For those, you need to turn the volume up , when you come back to normal working channels you need to turn it back down. It's really irritating and driving me nuts.

Overall , it's a good box. Very easy to set up. Faster channel changing comparing to Spider7000&9000Hds. However , picture quality is a real let-down. HD picture is not as good as Spider ones.

Any help with my problem will be much appreciated...

Thanks.

P.s : I tried all sorts in the menus, with no luck.

I have been experiencing a strange problem with my new TM5402HD receiver.

Certain channels ( no matter HD or SD ) are giving reasonably loud volume whereas some certain channels ( again no matter HD or SD, mixed of both ) are extremely low on volume. For those, you need to turn the volume up , when you come back to normal working channels you need to turn it back down. It's really irritating and driving me nuts.

Overall , it's a good box. Very easy to set up. Faster channel changing comparing to Spider7000&9000Hds. However , picture quality is a real let-down. HD picture is not as good as Spider ones.

Any help with my problem will be much appreciated...

Thanks.

P.s : I tried all sorts in the menus, with no luck.
hi mate i have tried and tested a few of these now, never had a issue with the sound, are you using the latest patch 102, and as far as picture quality, its very good, are you sure it doenst say spiderbox on the box

i had some sound issues, i rescanned the satellite and that seemed to clear them. i had to blind scan to get all HD channels though

Haven't had a problem with the sound channel wise. However, if I switch back to the built in Freeview/Freesat on my TV the sound is very loud compared to TM. Not a problem as far as I'm concerned as I had this with my S*y HD box too.

if I switch back to the built in Freeview/Freesat on my TV the sound is very loud compared to TM.

In other words, you're saying , your TM5402HD is not as loud as it should be......This is what i'm trying to say.

I haven't had this problem with any box i have used in the past including Sky Hd box.

As i mentioned before , i am not having this problem with Spiderbox.

And yes , i AM using the latest patch and yes i AM sure the box i'm testing is TM5402HD as it says so on its front.

the sound of the receiver is generally set to ~45%, on the technomate remote, turn the volume up to make the boxes output louder ;)

In other words, you're saying , your TM5402HD is not as loud as it should be......This is what i'm trying to say.

This happens a lot with AV products. Its no hardship. Now if what you said in your OP was true then I would say that there was a fault with your stb. Now you've changed your mind as to what the problem is, there isn't a fault with your stb.

I haven't had this problem with any box i have used in the past including Sky Hd box.

As i mentioned before , i am not having this problem with Spiderbox.

And yes , i AM using the latest patch and yes i AM sure the box i'm testing is TM5402HD as it says so on its front.

i was joking, just trying to say that its better than a spider box. weres ya humour

the sound of the receiver is generally set to ~45%, on the technomate remote, turn the volume up to make the boxes output louder ;)

Thanks for the advice.:Clap:

I never thought of that.:proud:

I'll give it a go. If no success, i will give newly bought 5402 receivers a good go-go and tell them never bother to come back until you know how to sound properly...:flagwave:

Thanks digidude, i did what you've said and guess what ? " success ".:proud:

Right, let me explain how i have solved this matter.

As default, audio options are given as below:

AUDIO

Audio mode: Stereo
Audio Track : 2: English
Audio Level : Medium

I have changed all these settings by pressing 'audio' button on remote to;

AUDIO

Audio mode : Stereo
Audio Track : 2: English (AC3)
Audio Track : High

These settings did make some difference.

Back