Super console x question

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen these consoles. They're being sold on fb market place. Has anyone used one? Are they any good? I fancy it because I would love to play some old snes games again. Any input would be great.

Has anyone seen these consoles. They're being sold on fb market place. Has anyone used one? Are they any good? I fancy it because I would love to play some old snes games again. Any input would be great.

I've not seen these, but tbf, you can get a PI and install mame or another image on it, and play all the games you want off that. Alternatively, get an arcade1up cabinet, and convert it. I did one, cost about £500 total, and I had 14000 games from atari upto PS2/gamecube etc.

nice m8. i was looking at it for a wee bit of nostalgia. looked fun, was about 100 quid.

Definitely a PI3 or 4

RetroPie classic but all need a bit more work not plug and play

RetroArch is really good ,and another build is called CoinOPs for putting into cabinet and table-top but your PI3 is fine or 4 if you can get one like gold dust and expensive

But you will have to do hard hard part getting roms and certain Bios files

;)

Last edited:
You can easily download something like classicboy emulator onto your phone or a tablet. I've just bought a new tablet 10" and installed classic boy on it. Bought a Bluetooth game controller off of eBay for £8.00 and downloaded the games I want. I've n64 games like Mario kart and super Mario, plus a number of mega drive games and other nintendo types.

Definitely a PI3 or 4

RetroArch is really good ,and another build is called CoinOPs for putting into cabinet and table-top but your PI3 is fine or 4 if you can get one like gold dust and expensive

;)

This is what I did. I bought an arcade1up cabinet SF2 specifically, added a Pi3+, and a 512GB SD card, and installed wolfman image or someone like that, and just played everything from there.

There are forums and also a torrent site where you can get the files from.

Arcadepunks is a website you can get stuff off.

back-ups.me is the torrent site to grab the files.

They have all the ROMs/BIOS files pre-installed, so it's super easy. You can also convert the cabinet further, I added an amp, new joysticks and buttons (Sanwa ones), coin draw at the front, you can get a marquee for them too.

Check out the threads on reddit;

r/homearcade
r/arcade1up

There are loads of conversion videos on YT, I followed a scouse guy who did the MK2 cabinet, but it's step by step and shows all the parts you need off amazon etc.

Definitely a PI3 or 4

;)

ivehad a wee look. it coms with 1000s of roms already preloaded.

Back