spiderbox hd LNB & F100 fault fix.

poblypaulb

New Member +
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Ive now fixed 3 of these for frends. Seems the fault along with the f100 error shows up after a year or so. Just like the old pace stb's that were in video cabinets. Dried out capacitors etc. The LNB fault is a TIP42C situated next to the tuner Q15 on the 7000 board. As for the F100 the best way to rectify
ive found is an old desk top with windows XP. Also check all cap's in the psu and replace them as required. Ive been an electronics engineer for over 30 years and
live in Blackpool. Any assistance if can help please ask.

Yes mate I have posted that fix on several forums with detailed steps on the best way to replace the TIP42C. But note that is not always the cause of F100, many times it's simply a software crash and the recovery tool will sort that out without the need to open the receiver.
Also I would state that anyone attempting to replace that part should have a good soldering iron and some soldering experience.

HI . hope you are still resiving mail . i am new to this site but i have seen your post about f100 falt and would be gratefull if would
email your email addres t me so that i can chato you.--- [email protected]

Back