Some help please re. radiator leak

VectorZ

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm not that good with motors so please forgive my ignorance. Had to take daughter out tonight and when I went to get back in the car I noticed a huge puddle underneath the xsara picasso. I can't see exactly where but looks like it's dripping from the lower left hand side of the radiator. Being disabled I can't get underneath to have a proper look. I was near an Asda so grabbed a 5lt bottle of water and it took half of it. Got back home and it took the other 2 1/2 litres.

I bought some Radweld from Homebase as I was passing it and it says blah blah blah add to radiator or overflow reservoir.... does that mean it's ok to stick it in the see through tank at the back left of engine compartment? Told you I was thick :) would've thought it'd go direct into radiator itself but can't see any other caps or anything

thanks

Yeah stick it in the filler tank mate, when you need to top up would be best to make sure it gets into the system :) Good luck hope it works for you but it will only be a temp fix and wont last forever

tbh m8... I wouldn't use Radweld. The only possible use I can think of is to get your car home.. and that is it . It's in my view struggling to be a 'temporary fix'.. it's just an emergency fix to get the car home for that situation. Now that you've got your car home... check for leaking pipes/ radiator etc... or best get a mechanic diagnose and repair....
I'd never trust radweld for any miles... folks I knew that repair radiator cores told me it was dreadful stuff blocking all internal piping which could lead to overheating.... this stuff needs to be flushed out properly even after a radiator repair . :)

Back