Solution to NHS

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've solved it, everyone pays £5 a month there done.
It comes direct out your wages, dole, pension no questions asked don't like it pay private.

Non British passport holders working an living in the UK, travellers, holidayers coming in ? Pay a pre-set £20 a month NHS insurance, don't pay it before entering the country ? Sent back to their own country on next flight out were they don't have treatment.
It would raise an estimate of around £4billion+ a year. I had another suggestion about if your obese but I think that might offend alot of chubbies

So you want me to pay £20 a month :eek:
It should be PayAsYouGo ;)

I partly agree with the above, although other ways too...

So for example, the NHS wasn't built to provide all it does today. So they could limit what services they are willing to provide on the NHS. Like why the hell should the NHS fund gender reassignment surgery being one example?!

Also, for those lucky enough to get private medical cover through there employer I think if they were to pay a monthly fee, then this should be discounted further too as for myself I can't even get to see / speak with an NHS doctor. Yet last year when I had surgery to remove nasal polyps via BUPA the consultant who saw me several times and did the surgery works in the NHS anyway aswell.

Which I suppose then brings another point, consultants are working NHS and Private and seem to give private patients much quicker treatment and allow patients to avoid long waiting lists. When anyone joins the NHS and trains to become a doctor / consultant etc, they should have some kind of contract to say they work solely within the NHS for a set number of years before they jump ship to private work to hopefully then prevent them not having enough staff within the NHS to see patients and perform various procedures.

There's no other way, we have to pay it's as simple as that. And this extra money would just be to try and maintain and slightly improve conditions within the health service it's in that bad of condition.

I can't see how and were your going to divide what types of treatment can/cannot be provided by the NHS, let's just pay and carry on.

I'd say a £10 a month and before people moan about that, you'd blow a tenner on sh*t in B@M Bargains.
For £10 a month you get looked after ?. It has to be hit at the paycheck or dole money so you cannot refuse to pay just deduct it, it's a click of a button.
Travellers or non British passport holders pay double again out a NHS passport, paypack or benefit and if you don't like it visit France or Germany instead.

It's more disgusting to me that anyone can think it's too much. There's a huge hospital near me and they are on the brink of collapse. With no beds and waiting list 12months plus.
It's time someone with balls stood up and said, what was a good idea all those years back it's now not possible

I partly agree with the above, although other ways too...

So for example, the NHS wasn't built to provide all it does today. So they could limit what services they are willing to provide on the NHS. Like why the hell should the NHS fund gender reassignment surgery being one example?!

Also, for those lucky enough to get private medical cover through there employer I think if they were to pay a monthly fee, then this should be discounted further too as for myself I can't even get to see / speak with an NHS doctor. Yet last year when I had surgery to remove nasal polyps via BUPA the consultant who saw me several times and did the surgery works in the NHS anyway aswell.

Which I suppose then brings another point, consultants are working NHS and Private and seem to give private patients much quicker treatment and allow patients to avoid long waiting lists. When anyone joins the NHS and trains to become a doctor / consultant etc, they should have some kind of contract to say they work solely within the NHS for a set number of years before they jump ship to private work to hopefully then prevent them not having enough staff within the NHS to see patients and perform various procedures.
As Silver says, you can't really restrict certain health conditions just because you don't agree with them as where would it stop?
Some people don't agree with IVF when there are so many children needing adoption, why are obese people having gastric band surgery and why are alcoholics, drug addicts and now gambling addicts getting treated on the NHS or easily preventable sexually transmitted diseases like AIDs being given costly medications to prevent it, instead of using condoms that would prevent the majority of it.

We need to reduce the non clinical staff, such as the diversity managers and assistant to the deputy of the assistant manager and other such non essential posts. We need to bring cleaning and maintenance back in house instead of paying agencies, similarly we need the agencies that provide temporary nurses and doctors to be run from in house too, so that the private agencies aren't taking their massive cut from supplying them. Instead of each area health authority negotiating contracts with pharmaceutical companies and equipment suppliers, that should be one centralised department that could get massive discounts due to purchasing everything in such huge quantities.

Charge people who come in under the influence of drugs/alcohol or are obese and other eating dissorders
they are self inflicted

Just paid 7k for knee op in Lithuania service was top class paid national insurance all my life still haven't even got appointment to be seen but would gladly pay the extra to get it back on its feet 5 year waiting list in Northern Ireland sad

NHS is well fooked and will eventually go privet in the end, which will be bad for people not able to afford treatment
A bit like the US with medicare ?

You create a "free' system and the wonderful humanity find a way to abuse it.

I've worked in pharmacy for years when I was younger and the NHS prescription is badly abused - by many!! There are folks that are on repeat prescription and the amount of stuff that's wasted is saddening. Family members of deceased relatives used to bring boxes and boxes of unopened packs that were just not used. One time, I priced up the waste on one of the return boxes, and there were nearly £25k of medication, unopened, unboxed.

The issue is, when the medication leaves the pharmacy you're are not allowed to re-dispense as you can't be sure if it hasn't been tampered with.

Every section of NHS there is an element of abuse being done, these needs to be identified and properly dealt with, but for me the "patients" makes it worse.

Regarding the alcohol thing @Joe Noodles people coming in p*ssed of a night?. Councils should be forced to provide sober up areas tents etc of a weekend.
A few places do this were they get treated at designated tented area's were they can sleep off the ale while been monitored. If you decide to go to hospital bill them.
My wife works in the NHS and she says the largest percentage of people to attend her place are drugs & alcohol abusers and foreigners, they don't ask they demand.

The foreigners i.e the new arrivals basically get the full monty and quite a few arrive with long term untreated conditions.
I just think it's time this all stopped been given health care for nothing, we all have to pay. Straight from the benefits and paypack and an NHS passport.

Back