Smart watches - opinions?

Just got a samsung galaxy gear s3 frontier smart watch

Anyone got a link for paid watch faces and utilities ect for free (cough) ;)

Found this video but it's all a bit new to me at the moment and don't want to kill my watch lol

I think the samsung has loads of faces m8 out of the box, more than the huawei had! After it was all paired with the gear app on the phone that was. When i got my huawei up and running I had to install 'facer' to get decent faces! Facer works with samsung too!

I've been looking at budget-oriented Wear OS watches and the battery life on all of them suck, except for maybe the Tic Watch Pro. I'm waiting until the next generation Snapdragon Wear 3100 watches come out to improve battery life.

Here's a website you can download free watchfaces for popular watchface programs, Pujie Black, Watchmaker, Facer, Minimal & Elegant, Mr. Time.

Works with all Android Wear/ Wear OS and Tizen (Samsung) watches.

Just install the app on your phone (free versions no need to pay) then scan the barcode on the watchface you want to install, relevant to the app you installed (or install them all). Don't use the "google play" link as you might end up paying for the watchface.

Click on the watchface then scroll down and you will see the "scan" button, this will bring a QR code up, scan this using your phone's camera and tell it to open it with the program the watchface belongs to EG Facer for faces marked with the facer icon.

There are 1000's of faces on this site both round and square ones.

Download Free Smartwatch Faces for Moto 360, LG G Series, Samsung Gear, Sony SmartWatch 3 and Asus ZenWatch - FaceRepo

Went with a Gear S3 Frontier in the end. Great watch, main thing I love about it is the raised bezel around the edge protecting the screen as I am super clumsy!

+1 on the TicWatch Pro. I can get 4 days out of mine between charges if I have screen set to auto-off and am not using the onboard GPS. But even with a couple hours of GPS use, 2 full days is no problem. I agree that the Wear OS platform desperately needs the 3100 chipset to enter the modern era. But until then the TWP is a great value and a best all-purpose Wear OS device.

Back