SID not found in PAT.

byson1984

Member ++
Reaction score
My Vu+Duo Clone V2 has an intermittent fault where a program I am watching goes off and the "SID not found in PAT" is displayed on the screen. This also happens during recording making the recording annoyingly incomplete. Has anyone any idea what causes this and how can I cure it?

try a different or updated channel list and report back, plus state what channels giving you problems

It could be any channel or sometimes when on standby set to record. I try to change channels but says it on them all until i switch box off and on to fix it.

Are you using Tuner A or Tuner B? And what IMG and build are you on?

Have never bothered with that IMG myself, I'm VIX mate, but what we need to find out is, whether the problem is a hardware issue or software one.The way of going about that is either, take out the Tuner B coax and just setup one coax on Tuner A > Simple > (satellite 28.2e, for example ) and set Tuner B to unconfigured...Then reboot box, see how that pans out... If no difference, but for test purposes... set it up for Tuner B now, and set Tuner A to unconfigured...Reboot box

* Don't forget to change coax from Tuner A to Tuner B, or try the other coax but leave Tuner A out etc etc...

I have this issue with my solo?

as i was changing channels it did it but then did not but it always is doing it on the s*y1 channel.

there was a issue loading the bouquet in the first time it showed no channels na?

then reloaded it and seemed to be ok,

this error did not happen until i loaded the latest build of the vix 2.4 image

bu then just thought it maybe to do with the channel list ?

did this get resolved? or what was the issue?

cheers

Last edited:
I get the same all it is is an out of date channel list try an updated list or manualy add the channel to you bouqet after doing a scan. Im pretty sure it is to do with transponder changes.

I get the same all it is is an out of date channel list try an updated list or manualy add the channel to you bouqet after doing a scan. Im pretty sure it is to do with transponder changes.

Cheers for that,

it was rats recent one dated at 21.7 ?

i have made changes to it? could this be the reason? i used is it dbedit?

thanks

try transferring it again mate it could of missed a file or something

or maybe a bad download ?

:)

Thanks mate,

I may have to reflash the box,

coz the when i loaded this image uploded the channel list and the bouquets just showed na every where and only one or two channels where showing, so then reloaded it as you said it sorted that out and admitedly this is when it started to do the sid thing, but now was watching swimming on bbc 1 it just said tune fail ? and the progrom froze i waited and it started to start working but was very glitchy so i unplugged it and plugged my dm500 back ,

i dont think the solo is faulty as it has been running ok ?

any way of testing??

cheers bud!!

reloaded image, then followed wizard scanned cahnnels then loaded my edited bouquets (rats) and all is working fine now thanks!!

good to read your all sorted mate and you posted how you rectified the problem :)

I think every one should report back it gives greater depth to the forum as it lets the person giving the advice know he has helped and the info was good and lets the next man who searched for the same issue know it has been resolved!!

cheers!!

Back