Postal Scam:

emarald

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear All May have been posted

Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail? The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:
A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact them on 09066611911 (a premium rate number)

DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize

If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655

For more information, see crime stoppers website

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-prevention/helping -prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam

Kind Regards

Katy Carey

Accounts Administrator
Buffalo Private Label Ltd
Units C-F 9 Messenger Close
Loughborough
LE11 5SR

Tel: 01509 268652
Fax: 01509 266581
Email: [email protected]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and, with authority, states them to be the views of Buffalo Private Label Ltd.

Buffalo Private Label Ltd
Registered in England no. 4053734
Registered Office: 72 New Cavendish Street, London W1G 8AU

£315 for a phone call?? sounds like crap to me, just like most things that start with 'send this to as many people as possible.....'

Hotdog and there was me thinking I was being a good samaritan.
Arrr well better safe than sorry

£315 for a phone call?? sounds like crap to me, just like most things that start with 'send this to as many people as possible.....'

unfortunatley mate as far as i am aware you can get a premium rate number for nearly any value within reason . You used to be able to buy stuff by listening to a prerecorded message on a premium rate number.

£300+ a minute though is very steep i think you would have to justify the use of such a number.

Back