pond feature ideas help(bricky advise)

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
right all my mam has just bought one of these wature blades to add to the pond as a nice feature,being near to the edge a straight wall would be too unstable so was thinking of building in into a pillar type wall.i will be attempting it myself as i want to do it,i had a good look on the net to see if there was any other ideas with this but didnt find many,it dont have to be a wall,,,sleepers etc etc etc and not to dear,this cost enough on its own with stuff lol

all ideas appreciated

here the sort of stuff she bought with the light kit and pump

Stainless Steel Water Blades

and here is here pond

pond.jpg

ignore the wires allover the place,they are just temp and are waterproof :proud:

right all my mam has just bought one of these wature blades to add to the pond as a nice feature,being near to the edge a straight wall would be too unstable so was thinking of building in into a pillar type wall.i will be attempting it myself as i want to do it,i had a good look on the net to see if there was any other ideas with this but didnt find many,it dont have to be a wall,,,sleepers etc etc etc and not to dear,this cost enough on its own with stuff lol

all ideas appreciated

and here is here pond

ignore the wires allover the place,they are just temp and are waterproof :proud:

:roflmao:

you still not done this yet mate?

just do it in a nice brick and do it like a cavity wall so you can get the cables and water tupes up to the pump/blades etc.

Reactions: bro
i hear that neil lennon is on his way back down to england
that ginga twat would look good there.head 1st of course

:roflmao:

you still not done this yet mate?

just do it in a nice brick and do it like a cavity wall so you can get the cables and water tupes up to the pump/blades etc.

would have a job doing it ya stupid fecker,the stuff only arrived today

was asking for any other ideas anyway ya bum incase somebody came up with a more interesting one

all ideas appreciated

and here is here pond

pond.jpg

decided on doing a rectangular wall sort of 8 bricks roughly long and 4 wide to give it more stability as it needs to be near edge of pond as possible,would that be ok,also how deep would footing need to go with bricks being roughly 8 high and what mix would footing need

Last edited:
just build on top of the slab thats there, a mix of 4:1 is a good ratio mate, 4 sand 1 cement and a bit of washing up liquid/feb to make it stick

slab overhanging the pond buy about 2 inches and they are thin,,,,so took them out to put some footing down.question is how deep if wall will be about 7ish bricks high,,,,,,,,thought you are a spark anyway ya bum

lol me dads a builder and learnt some tricks of him
try laying a couple of concrete blocks flat, 2-3 layers, obv them below ground level

something like this but square without the middle bit cut out as the feature i have has a back feed and not a bottom one

waterblade.jpg

Back