Pakistan keeper Zulqarnain Haider claims asylum in UK

no you aren't :)

it's just a timely reminder to everyone in the thread to keep it respectful of other members. i don't like closing threads, i like to give everyone the chance to air their opinion, but unfortunately some subjects are quite delicate and need to be handled carefully or people get upset :)

he's trying to escape, what is probably true, the violent threats, for him refusing to fix matches. Pakistan is after all currently one of the worst countries in the world, it's even behind some war torn african nations and that's saying something.

So i have no problem with him coming over here AS LONG as he contributes to this country with a job (as i guess a county cricketeer or something) and pays taxes and not sponge. If he doesnt do that then ship him off and give him a holdall containing abu clownza as well.

To be honest i agree with ephidor in principle.
This country is an easy place to come and scrounge off. But in this case i would say let him in...why?? Well, because when he comes in, he will be employed by a cricket team who will pay him professional wages, he will pay taxes, he will spend and contribute to the economy.
What i dont agree with is people like abu hamza takin all they can from the system, then telling us to screw ourselves and our way of life, then the government bending over backwards hiding behind human rights laws. Thats whats wrong.
Let the people who will make the country a better place in, and refuse to the scroungers.

PS: im not talking about genuine asylum seekers who are coming here due to genuine reasons.

says it all

pakistani cannot be used in same sentance as dirty and cheating

so it is oki to call me a dirty cheating english footballer !

as i said before we are the only country dum and stupid to tolerate this bollox

I wouldn't call you a dirty cheating english footballer, you are cheating footballer. You nationality does not matter. You could be english, pakistain, indian, french, whatever, it does not matter.

There is no need to bring nationality into the story except that they are an asylum seaker.

Match fixing etc has been carried out by several UK sports persons but i never saw any of them seeking asylum in other countries they faced the punishment for the crime and in Pakistan they know the laws and know the punishment that fits the crime in there country.

Based on the politics of those on benefits etc being looked into and forced to carry out voluntary work as there are no jobs available for them, being highlighted in the news so much, I don't think we as a country should be accepting any more asylum seekers of any nationality, creed, colour, or religion for ant reasons.

It's time we took a stand and sorted the country out for those who have worked for the best part of there lives to try and build this countries economy, not to see this used to fund immigrants and asylum seekers and to give them more than they give there own.

To be honest i agree with ephidor in principle.
This country is an easy place to come and scrounge off. But in this case i would say let him in...why?? Well, because when he comes in, he will be employed by a cricket team who will pay him professional wages, he will pay taxes, he will spend and contribute to the economy.
What i dont agree with is people like abu hamza takin all they can from the system, then telling us to screw ourselves and our way of life, then the government bending over backwards hiding behind human rights laws. Thats whats wrong.
Let the people who will make the country a better place in, and refuse to the scroungers.

PS: im not talking about genuine asylum seekers who are coming here due to genuine reasons.

How so?? Asylum seekers are not allowed to legally work.. that said.. he could live off his own money.. because he's this so called superstar.. But he has admitted he has no money.. So where do we go from here?? It's obviously state benefit..

i hope he gets asylum

i like him, he smashed england for 80 odd runs :proud:

Back